cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anxiety through the roof

Oh wow that's so close @mspaceK!
Those sound like fantastic goals Smiley Happy In regards to sleep, have you ever tried to use a sleep schedule before?

@N1ghtW1ng - I've tried to stick to my sleeping schedules yet recently it has been failing cause I haven't been going to work cause I have been sick in bed and stressed about things I need to do. I need to somehow turn it around. 

Being sick is a perfect reason for not sticking to the schedule @mspaceK. Have you tried writing about the things you're stressed about? There's this app called WorryTime where you write out your worries at a particular time of the day. Do you think that's something you could try?

Not right now @N1ghtW1ng. Not really in the mood.

I did go grocery shopping today and ate a yummy dinner and I have food for more meals so that is good at least. 

Highlighted

Hey @mspaceK, really glad to hear that you're taking positive steps to look after yourself tonight! What did you cook for dinner? I stuffed my face with pasta haha

giphy

I love @N1ghtW1ng's suggestion about the Worry Time app, I use it too! Perhaps it would be worth downloading on your phone, and then you could check it out another time when you feel like it?

Hi @Autumn23. Maybe. I just don't really feel like acknowledging those thoughts. I don't want to feel like something is wrong. 

I ate veggie burger salad wraps. They were really delicious. 

Hey @mspaceK how are you doing today?

Hi @SmileMonkey. Not particularly happy. I just found out that as of November my rent is going up $10. It may not seem like much but it truly does over the course of a year and I am stressed because I need to find work to cover the cost of everything because moving back in with my parents is NOT an option. I would rather couch surf at friends house than live in that toxic environment. Smiley Sad But i'm stressed because whenever I have had a lot going on and I have had lots of work to do my mental health has gone down hill with anxiety and then depression. This past term I had reduced my shifts and I have felt so much better and able to handle everything. So I am worried that I am going to push myself too far and end up depressed and overwhelmed again. 

But I have to get this other job to earn what I need, otherwise I cannot do this volunteer work trip that I really want to do overseas because I won't be able to cover living expenses for right when I get back and while I am gone paying rent. :/ and most places have already hired Christmas casuals so I feel like crap. 

Hey @mspaceK that's a really difficult situation and I'm sorry to hear that your rent is going up - even the slightest increased cost can be really hard to manage, huh?

Do you have a budget and if so is there a way you could tighten it to help you out with preparing for this work trip?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

I am trying to budget, yes. The plan is to finish uni classes in three weeks and then work as much as I can. But financially - for me to do this I would need to move back home in about 7 months time cause it's too much financial burden to hold the room while I'd be away. Cause the trip is 2 and a bit months. So I would move back home in 7 months, have my trip and then come home to live with my family again. It's the only way if I want to avoid huge financial stress. @letitgo