cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anxiety through the roof

@mspaceK wrote:

Not sure what that means. Do you mean have someone else rent the room while I am gone? Probably not. It's a short time frame. It's just not going to happen. Hmm.

It depends on where you live. I know in Sydney there's people renting out rooms for as little as 2 weeks and there's still demand for that. Maybe it won't work, but it'd mean you'd save... how much on rent? Like a couple of grand? 

@Ben-RO even if someone rented out the room while I was away, I wouldn't have a stable job with income for that first month when I got back. It's just not probable and it would put additional stress on me.

I just don't know how I'm going to cope living with my family again. Their lifestyle and home routines are so different,  and I'm partially vegan/vegetarian so meals would need to be different. I'd be going from a clean, quiet and calm environment to a messy, noisy and often argumentative environment.  Before I first left home I was so angry all the time and depressed with major anxiety issues. I finally feel like I have most of it under control. I'm scared moving back home with be a massive trigger. 

@mspaceK I'm using Go Fund Me for something I'm doing at the moment & it's quite useful.

By sports centre, do you mean you could run classes at the centre? What about looking for something through the sports teams/organisations that you play with/for at the moment?

I hope you're able to get your sleeping pattern back to normal!

Sorry to hear you've been feeling crap sometimes. Smiley Sad

How's the weekend going for you? 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@letitgo I am involved with a sports organisation at the moment and it's great. I'm just not getting much work out of it right now. 

Yeah, running activities or whatever could be good. 

My weekend has been a lot better though I am feeling exhausted physically because I have been playing lots of sport recently. I have some important things I need to do today. So I am going to try and work on those. 

It's looking more and more likely that I am going to need to move back home. 

hi @mspaceK how are you today?

as you know i havent been around much but would like to keep up here, do you want to catch me up in a summary?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @scared01. I'm sorry to hear how hard everything has been for you recently so I really appreciate you taking the time to catch up with me. 

Basically my rent is increasing by $10 next month and I have an overseas volunteer work trip that I need to save for and I'm not going to be able to afford rent and the trip come closer to May next yeat. So I'm going to have to move back in with my family and it can be a toxic environment most of the time. Before I left home I was angry all the time and frustrated and my anxiety was over the edge and I was depressed and would run out in the middle of the night to get away. I feel like I am more mature now but I am worried about falling back into that state after all the work I have done. 

thats ok i want to help and listen in any way i can Smiley Happy

hmm sounds tricky, maybe now that your more mature youll be able to handle it abit more hey.

good luck though... have you thought about maybe trying to borrow a caravan off someone to put in the front yard? that way your at home but you also ahve your own space and privacy?

@mspaceK

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 A kind of teenage retreat would be good like that but there just isn't space. It'd be more practical just to use the bedroom and try and make family adjustments to help with the living environment. 

I've been working on my job application for this overseas trip and I'm starting to self-doubt my ability to do it. Like I'm scared I won't be able to cope with the pressure of being overseas and working long hours and looking after my health. I've wanted to do this for so long and I don't want to be held back by some anxiety and the fact that I have had some traumatic experiences. Could it trigger an episode while I am away?. It's for two months. I think it'll be great and the experience of a lifetime. I know it will be a challenge but what is the point if we don't challenge ourselves and try new things? I just don't want to breakdown while I'm away. Anyway ..

@mspaceK you could surprise yourself, maybe you won't have a breakdown while your away. A change of air and lifestyle might make it less likely to have one. I think it is an amazing opportunity to work overseas, you will learn many life lessons and also have an amazing time and make a heap of new friends. Its a good challenge and positive one, what job are you applying for? 

@Anna-RO I don't want to specifically say because it will definitely be a clear link to me because so many people know I want to do this. 

I've realised I need to be giving myself a lot more positive self-talk. I know I can do this and I don't want to be held back by some pre-existing/current defined medical condition because that is letting it win. I am determined to do this and I have wanted to do it for such a long time. It is the next big step and it will be challenging and I will need to overcome a few fears along the way. But I have been at one of my lowest points and survived. And I have received so much positive feedback about my work with kids and young people that I just need to be myself. Things may not go to plan but I can be very good at adapting and finding solutions when I keep a clear head and be confident.  And this will be the biggest change in my life. It will be one of the biggest moments of my life and I want to live an exciting life. I want to live and this is going to be living life to the fullest. I'm hopping out of my fish bowl and I'm exploring the ocean and I don't care what current gets in my way because I WILL make it to the other side. And if I struggle I will keep swimming and trying different seas until I get there. Smiley Happy