cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiety won’t leave alone

I’ve had crippling anxiety and it’s because of appointment after appointment test after test and today I kinda cracked under the stress and I can’t fight this anxiety alone because it’s winning and I don’t know how to battle it so please help me out 

Re: Anxiety won’t leave alone

Hi there @gmusicj 

I'm wondering how you are feeling this morning?

It certainly sounds like you've got loads on at the moment, and often it can be difficult to cope with so much happening. Sharing how you are feeling can help with the stress so it's a great step you've taken. Are you talking to anyone else about this?

I'm wondering what might have helped you in the past when you've felt this stressed and anxious? I know some people like the release of writing down their thoughts, feelings and worries. 

Some of our other members might have some other suggestions too.

Hey @gmusicj,

Thanks for posting on the forums! Anxiety can be really difficult to deal with alone, so it's such a great step that you've shared what's going on with you. Can you tell me a little bit more about what's going on for you at the moment? Are you experiencing some difficulties with your health that are making you anxious? Or is there something else?

Hi @gmusicj! How are you feeling today? Anxiety can be such a hard thing to deal with. Smiley Sad It's something a lot of us have struggled with. It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life right now. Would you like to share more about what's been bothering you with us? Is there anything we can help you with?

Does anything help when you have anxiety?

Talking to others about it helps but also listening to other people’s stories about anxiety it’s helps

@gmusicj  I think those are great ideas. Smiley Happy It's good that you have some things that help you. I think listening to other people stories can help you feel as though you're not alone and show you that your symptoms can get better.

Since listening to other people's stories about anxiety helps you, here are some videos about anxiety on the ReachOut website. Here is another video about anxiety that another user shared in this thread.

Hey @gmusicj anxiety really sucks Smiley Sad Thank you for opening up about it here.

You mentioned that talking to others about it can help you - I'm wondering if you've spoken to anyone in your life about how you've been feeling?

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@gmusicj there are plenty of people here with anxiety, so there're always discussions to participate in or read about Heart the links that @WheresMySquishy shared are a great place to start Smiley Happy

I'm also wondering about your username - are you a music fan? Smiley Very Happy

I love music 

@gmusicj, Awesome, I love music too. In fact, I'm listening to it right now! 

I just saw the Weekly Wellbeing thread on music and your post reminded me of it. What is it about music that you love?