cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiety

Anxiety is running rampant in my mind right now.

I went to have a shower and fell into panic.

Different scenarios and thoughts are all racing through my mind. I don't know how to quiet them when they all contradict one another.

It feels like there is enormous pressure on myself to get this job. From people around me, friends, professional relationships, job search, myself.

I'm in tears. My heart is racing. 

I'm stressing out and my whole calm facade has shattered to a million pieces.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Re: Anxiety

Hey @Bee I'm sorry your experiencing this level of anxiety at the moment. Being nervous and anxious is a very normal reaction to an upcoming job interview. Try not to get too caught up about the outcome of it, just go in there like it's learning opportunity and remember that you're interviewing them aswell. You need to figure out if the role is a good fit for you, so if you haven't already maybe try jot down a few questions you'd like to ask and focus more on that. 

Just remember to breathe, stay in the moment and maybe a couple of distraction techniques before bed? Do you have any that you typically use?

I usually use a sleep meditation when I'm really anxious before bed.
I've still got a few things to do before then though...

I'm scared I'm going to either panic or freeze like I usually do. And I really want this

Sometimes it's a good ice breaker to let them know you're a bit nervous. I think you'll do well @Bee. A sleep meditation sounds good and maybe even a meditation just before you go in might be helpful?

Maybe, I think my job search agency warned them I get really anxious in interview settings. She didn't ring me back Friday afternoon, so I'm assuming there was nothing to tell from her contact with them.
I'll try and have a meditation loaded on my phone before I leave home tomorrow morning.

I'm also kind of worried about what the skills test is that I'll have to perform. It'll be about an hour I was told! I'm hoping there are no roleplay scenarios as I don't cope well with them.

Hi @Bee, I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a difficult time dealing with anxiety Smiley Sad I know this might be a bit late since you mentioned this yesterday, but best of luck! I hope you managed to get the meditation loaded onto your phone beforehand, and it helped you calm a bit.

I'm with @Erin-RO, in that I believe you'll do well because you genuinely want this, and it is also a good idea to acknowledge you are nervous, which is completely natural. 

How were you this morning? And how do you feel afterwards (if you want to talk about it)?

Hi @sweet_baking I didn't end up needing the meditation this morning, but I
still froze. They only asked a few questions before getting into the test
but I froze 😣
Anf thier skills test was intense! I didn't finish it nor answer all the
questions that I read! There was easily 5+ pages left and I got up to
question 60 something! 😮
I'm not feeling optimistic about this one...

@Bee - well done for giving it a go!! And often we are our own worst critics, so don't be too harsh on yourself! 
All you can do is wait for the result - and be proud that you showed up! 

Heart

Thanks @gina-RO
I know I'm my own critic, I'm trying to believe in myself more, but its
proving very difficult.

I won't find out for a bit as the applications haven't even closed yet! But
I got through round 1. So will see.

I've stressed myself out that much I think I've given myself a migraine
today Smiley Sad
So when I get home I'm heading straight to bed.

oh  @Bee , I'm sorry to hear that Smiley Sad Please look after yourself, and sort out that migraine. 

Thinking of you Heart