cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anyone else stuck in the elevator?

Hello @Pan i really wanted to encourage you on ur courage and bravery for posting here. Social anxiety isnt easy and even just trying to communicate how you feel can be really hard. Have you identified someone you can talk to IRL ? Sometimes even though its hard the thjng thats stopping us from trusing a friend is feelinf like they wont understand or theyll think were weird when really those closest to us know that somethings wrong there often just waiting for us to tell them.
Personally i found it really hard to admit that social interactions werent easy for me and that although i loved and cared for my friends i sometimes felt isolated and alone , i definitely relate to your metaphore . Which btw is so detailed and amazing .. ever thought of writting a book ? You have a vivid description with words Smiley Happy
A few things i find helpful :
1. Find that 1 person your willing to trust , even if they judge u a little it actually feels so good to just tell someone how you feel.
2. Dont feel guilty . You mentioned that so many other people are going through worse stuff but tbh we all have our own battle and we all need surport . Just because one persons battle seems worse doesnt mean u dont matter . Those who care about you care about your wellbeing. This healthy mind set has taken me YEARS to learn but its so true

Hello @Pan
i really wanted to encourage you on ur courage and bravery for posting here. Social anxiety isnt easy and even just trying to communicate how you feel can be really hard. Have you identified someone you can talk to IRL ? Sometimes even though its hard the thjng thats stopping us from trusing a friend is feelinf like they wont understand or theyll think were weird when really those closest to us know that somethings wrong there often just waiting for us to tell them.
Personally i found it really hard to admit that social interactions werent easy for me and that although i loved and cared for my friends i sometimes felt isolated and alone , i definitely relate to your metaphore . Which btw is so detailed and amazing .. ever thought of writting a book ? You have a vivid description with words Smiley Happy
A few things i find helpful :
1. Find that 1 person your willing to trust , even if they judge u a little it actually feels so good to just tell someone how you feel.
2. Dont feel guilty . You mentioned that so many other people are going through worse stuff but tbh we all have our own battle and we all need surport . Just because one persons battle seems worse doesnt mean u dont matter . Those who care about you care about your wellbeing. This healthy mind set has taken me YEARS to learn but its so true

Pan

Thanks! I do love writing Smiley Happy

I'll try talk to someone as soon as I can, although I think I'll alienate them pretty easy.

I'm feeling kinda silly atm. Anxiety/depression comes and goes a fair bit for me, and when it's not happening I can swear to the end of the seas and back that I'm overreacting and just complaining (I think I mentioned something like this earlier). Really regretting using forums and saying so much in the way that I did, but I figure if it got bad enough for me to actually do something like this I might as well push through till the next time. Nice to have a supportive community to fall back on (but sorry if I ramble a bit).

Hi @Pan

RO is a safe space with non-judgemental people so we're definitely always here to chat! 

I also wanted to check in on you and see how the situation was going?

Please keep us updated! 

Hey @Pan, that's a very impressive metaphor!

Just wanted to see how you've been doing lately? Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Pan

Thanks for asking @missep and @lettigo

I think I'm okay for now. I have exams coming up, but I get anxiety from people and such... so I'll be fine until next year. I've been able to be by myself more often lately and, when I have to socialize with lots of people it's not for longer than I can manage. I've only had a couple of flashes over the couple weeks where I can't control myself and have to be shut off from everyone or I'll start bawling. Tbh, the American election is making me faaar too happy 'cause it gives me something to focus on and I don't have to think about much else.