cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Are you allowed to call the police for verbal abuse in the family?

And I'm sorry I took so long to reply, I just find it really hard to do anything, and every time I speak I just like melt into a puddle of misery and I don't want to speak ever again when I'm all melty and sad.

But thank you so much for helping me out, I didn't end up calling the police but I'm glad I know I can if I need to Smiley Happy

hey @neko

I just wanted to let you know that I think it's a really brave of you to stand up for yourself and seek advice for your situation. I can only imagine how tough it must be for you to have endured that, and i'm really glad that you're now aware that you can absolutely call the police if you do feel threatened. 

There is absolutely no need to apologise @neko - you're in a scary situation and we're here to listen and support you, not to judge you. Your sister may have BPD, she may have other issues or she may just have difficulty controlling her anger. Either way, the threats she's making (and following through on by the sounds of it) are serious and if they're making you and your mum feel unsafe, things can't continue the way they have been. Calling the police or going into the station to speak to them about an AVO is definitely an option. Talk it over with your mum and see if you both feel comfortable with the decision. You can also call a domestic violence hotline like 1800 RESPECT to see what other options, like mediation and counselling, are available to you.

@neko i completley agree with what @ElleBelle has suggested. 1800RESPECT is really helpful.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//