cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Back into lockdown I go...

It’s been a pretty shit day, but one pretty much every Victorian saw coming Smiley Sad 

I feel for people in Melbourne, the new stage 4 restrictions really seem quite frightening, not being allowed out past 8pm and only one person out at a time... 
Where we live has just gone to stage 3, again. Part of me is glad that’s it just done instead of sitting on it waiting everyday wondering if today will be the day. It’s done now, one thing is certain and that is that for at least 6 weeks we have to deal with this. I’m hoping it’s better the second time around but I don’t think it will be. 
I’m just really flat tonight. 

I was really sick over the weekend and had to have a heap of blood tests, paired with the fact that we can’t see family, it’s been quite a shocking day or two. 

Highlighted

Re: Back into lockdown I go...

As part of the population going into stage 4 lock down, it is quite a shocking and stressful thing to think about. I know this will get everyone back to normal life again soon rather then stage 3, however very concerning for mentally ill and peoples overall mental health during this time. As this is real isolation basically, and suicidal rates are increasing dramatically as well as peoples illnesses and people mental wellbeing in general, a big concern that is not addressed at all in the media. Mainly praying for those who are going through those times, they just need to have HOPE, as it kept me alive.  

Highlighted

Yeah
I am really concerned about suicide
Highlighted

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling flat and have been sick lately @Saltwaterdreamtime . Hopefully you can get some answers soon from your doctor so that you can start to feel better soon. These new restrictions are definitely going to be tough for a lot of people.

I think that bkimmo has raised some really important points about the current situation to consider. These times have been difficult for many so wellbeing may not be great right now. It is important to be concerned about mental health and self care during times like these. We have some articles here about some ways to deal with these different times and the types of support that is available. Services such as Kids Helpline, Suicide Callback Service and Lifeline are available 24/7 for anyone that is feeling distressed and is wanting to talk to a counsellor. Heart

Highlighted

@Sophia-RO unfortunately those places have ridiculously long wait times.
But I am happy to hear the Medicare rebate in Victoria for psych sessions
means people now get an extra 10 sessions... which is what I’ve been asking
for since shit hit the fan in March... bit late for me now already finished
with my psych.
Highlighted

Sorry to hear that has been your experience @Saltwaterdreamtime . I hope that you have had some other positive experiences. That is some unfortunate timing, would you be able to contact your psych and ask them if you are eligible for the extra sessions and possible able to organise more ? I just wanted to check in with you too as you mentioned that you were concerned about suicide. Are you concerned about yourself or someone you know or did you mean suicide rates in the community?

Highlighted

All of the above @Sophia-RO
Highlighted

Sorry to hear that you are feeling concerned about yourself @Saltwaterdreamtime. Are you feeling safe tonight?  If you are concerned about yourself or someone you know tonight please don't hesitate to call 000 or visit the nearest hospital. 

Highlighted

@Saltwaterdreamtime yeah one of my family members is in Melbourne and she's not going great...

The whole situation is awful, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with it again.

I know what you mean about the wait times, they've gotten even worse at the moment.. 

If you or someone you know is in danger, is the emergency department an option?

Highlighted

Not sure why I said that @Sophia-RO