cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Back to School Anxiety

Woo! I didn't die today! My sis made me go out and welcome and say goodbye to everyone, but apart from that we went for a walk and stayed away from the party so I pretty much got out of it anyway Smiley LOL Thank you for motivating me to get through today, I even managed a second of eye contact, which is really, really hard for me. 

Yes, I really appreciate and am grateful for my family. They really try to be supportive, its just that (and they've even admitted) they find it hard to understand because they are all very different to me being without social anxiety or Asperger's. I really love them for that. Also, my Maltese has jumped out once before, but not usually, it's actually pretty ironic since he normally hates water. Do you have a dog?

I am having a check-up with my psychologist tomorrow. I don't see or connect with her as much as my school counselor, but I might just try get through till school starts by seeing her, since I know things at school are hectic for staff right now as the grounds were impacted by the fires.

Ps. I suppose you could call them tunes, I enjoy listening to the Animal Crossing soundtrack haha. Maybe you have some actual song recommendations? Smiley LOL

Highlighted

Whooooo!!!! That is absolutely awesome news @Blurryphaced and put a huge smile on my face so thanks for sharing!! I'm so proud of you and know how rewarding it can feel when you make little steps of progress that show your anxiety who's boss, so you go girl!! It just makes me so happy to hear you have a supportive sister too, although she may not always understand it, it's nice to know you have her in your corner. And no need to thank me, it was all your doing so you should be very proud of yourself!! 😊

Ahaha really? No way! I do have a dog and she also hates water 😂 Her name is Ella and she's a kelpie! Unfortunately I live in a different state to her at the moment because I'm studying but I LOVE going home to see her during my breaks! 😊 

Ah, that's not good to hear about the fires and that you're near them! I hope you and your loved ones haven't been too affected by them. It absolutely breaks my heart hearing about it all and seeing footage. I am sure though, that if you felt the need to connect with your counselor before school that she would make the time for you if she could? You sound very thoughtful and caring of others but don't forget to think about yourself too! I am glad to hear you have a psych you can see in between though. Do you have a good relationship with her? 

As for song recommendations.. hmm.. I was going to ask you the same thing 😂 I'm pretty terrible with music to be honest. Like I love it and love listening to it but I couldn't tell you who sings what for the life of me lol I'm one of those people that just knows it when it comes on! If I can think of any in particular I'll share them with you for sure! Is there a particular type of music you're into? 

Highlighted

Thank you @MB95, I am worried about tomorrow since fires are supposed to be bad again, hopefully everything is okay Smiley Sad 

I have an ok relationship with my psych I suppose. I'm not as close with her since I've been 2 two others before her whereas I have been talking to my counsellor even before my first psych. I am warming up to her more recently though.

I am also kind of uneasy about seeing my counsellor again though for some reason ? I am suspicious that it is just me being nice and self destructive again, but idk?

Oo, you're studying ? Where and what? Im in Y11 currently and looking forward to uni but cant choose which to go for! Hopefully Melb, Syd, or Monash ? 

Ps. I'm pretty into alternative 😊 I love Paramore, Twenty One Pilots, and Panic! At the Disco, plus Hayley Williams new solo music. At the same time, I do like a little bit of 'pop', Hayley Kiyoko, Troye Sivan, and Blackpink are all favs 😆

Highlighted

Heya @Blurryphaced 

Just checking in with you and hoping you and your community are safe with the fires today. 

Also, totally relate to being nervous to see a counsellor, especially if it has been awhile. Hopefully they can help you to feel comfortable and settle into the session. 

P.S

You have just reminded me of Paramore Heart My fave song of theirs is Hallelujah. What yours? 

Highlighted

Luckily today was okay @Bre-RO , tomorrow is still risky but after that, it is supposed to be okay for a while. 

Argh I keep procrastinating seeing her and I don't even know if I will be able to even see her before school now or if she'll be busy. I am such a knob.

P.S.

Has to be either The Only Exception or Hard Times Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Hey @Blurryphaced

I just wanted to check in with you today with how you and your community are coping at the moment, especially since you mentioned last night that today would still be high risk. 

(p.s. I also love The Only exception, I used tot listen to it all the time way back when I was in high school Smiley Happy)

Highlighted

Okay first off @Blurryphaced - you are NOT a knob! I am sure it will work out ❤ Are you back at school now? I get a little confused with the dates as everywhere is different and I go by uni calendars now which is completely different to school again! 

How was today with the fires? I really do hope they calm down soon!! It's time they gave people a break 😔 I'm sorry you're so close to them!! 

I can totally understand and relate to you feeling uneasy about seeing your counselor. You've had a decent break from seeing her and I am sure so much has happened during that time that maybe you're anxious about what to bring up or where to start? What do you think is making you feel uneasy about it? 

I'm studying Occupational Therapy in QLD 😊 What are you thinking of studying? It's always such a hard decision to make and it took me FOREVER!!!! And even now I still don't know if it's what I want to be doing 😂

Also, along with the others I think you have a great taste in music! 😊

Highlighted

Hi @Blurryphaced 👋

I just wanted to check in and see how school has been going for you? 

Hope it hasn't been too stressful! ❤

Highlighted

Hi @MB95, thanks for asking Smiley Happy The week has been incredibly stressful if I am too be honest. I have been feeling like I'm falling with nothing to grab and hold on to, and like I am out of control of everything that is happening. I hope that once the school routine has been running for a while I will start to feel more at ease. I managed to contact my counselor though, and am scheduling a time to see her on Monday. The fires have been ok as well recently, which is good.

Ps. I am hoping to study a biomed or science degree and major in neuroscience, my dream job is a neurologistSmiley Happy

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear it's been a stressful time for you. It's never a fun time when you feel so overwhealmed that you no longer feel in control of what's going on. Is there anything you find that helps you deal with such situations? Like any sort of coping mechanisms you may have learnt? 

I'm glad to hear you've been able to make contact with your counselor 😊 I hope it all goes well for you. From memory you were a bit nervous about seeing her again? How are you feeling now? I'm also happy to hear the fires are a bit more under control and I really hope it stays that way!! 

Neuroscience sounds AMAZING!!! I have found all the neurology side of my degree super interesting so far! Probably one of the areas that interests me the most actually 😍 What grade are you in at school if you don't mind me asking? Like is this your last year? I can't remember if you've told me already?