cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Being blocked for access to my Siblings

Hey @j95, did you want to talk about what happened with access yesterday?

@safari93 Two of the kids are  getting a new carer again, and are very unsettled. I'm annoyed because they just keep moving them around. They don't need that. They wonder why the kids are playing up, it's because everytime they start to feel ok about being somewhere they get moved. Its not fair on them.

Also this didn't make me annoyed but it's something that upset me, my sister had a gigantic meltdown, and i mean huge, it was tough Smiley Sad

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I just want so badly for them to have an at least semi regular child hood and do things kids do but they don't

@j95 that must have been so tough to hear - all you want for them is to grow up happy and being able to trust that they will have a constant caring presence in their lives. On top of that, seeing your sister's breakdown definitely couldn't have helped.

It seems really frustrating to see them being moved around, but do you think you will still be able to see them regularly? Perhaps you might become the stable figure in their lives (it still would be ideal if they didn't keep changing carers of course)

I don't think this will impact me seeing them because they move around so much and it hasn't been a huge issue before, but it's still not fair on them @safari93 they need consistency. They aren't all being shuffled around (they are split up) but its still difficult .
It's tough because my sister can't verbalise whats upset her and so it comes out in other ways.

I know what it's like to be in care and be moved around heaps because nobody wants you and it's fucking awful

@j95 I totally agree that the system is completely messed up and just ends up punishing the kids (when they're the innocent ones in the whole mess) Smiley Sad Like @safari93 said though, at least they have you as a consistent figure in their lives

@lokifish it isn't fair but yeah at least I will stick around even if everyone else won't