cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Being mistreated

Hi @honky

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened! That is very unprofessional behaviour on his part Smiley Sad 

HR departments in companies tend to be very sensitive towards fixing these kinds of problems, hopefully they might be able to help?

Otherwise I like everyones ideas but I especially think that @Esperanza67's idea might be worth a shot! Anonymous but also get the message across if you feel uncomfortable with confrontation. 

Please keep us updated! 

Hey @honky

Firstly, just want to say I love you username! It just so fun! hahaha

Secondly, it is so unprofessional for him to be acting that way. I have been in a similar situation, and I think it is easy for friends to say 'just speak up'. But in that position, its really tough. I ended up speaking up and we were no longer put together from that point on. Which was good, but I have no idea how he was with other co-worker.... I hope that it all works out for you.

I think @Esperanza67 idea is a good way to go. 

Keep us all updated Smiley Happy

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your support!!

Here's my update:

I don't think I can go through with @Esperanza67's idea. Everyone is really under the pump with all the assessments that are due in the coming weeks and I don't want to be a burden and add more load for them. 

I'm starting to think if it's even worth telling anyone now. I think I should be able to tolerate it for a few more weeks. I will using this space for any upcoming rants Smiley Happy

Hi @honky, thanks a lot for the update! Smiley Happy Are you sure you'll be able to tolerate it for a few more weeks? Isn't there anyone else who could help you out and doesn't have a burden with assessments at the moment? Because what you're going through is definitely NOT okay at all.

Otherwise, continue reaching out to us whenever you need it. We're all here to support you Smiley Happy

Thanks for the update @honky!

Please feel free to chat about how you go over the next few weeks (or anything at all) on here! Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hi @honky,
I can understand the dilemma of not being sure whether to report it or not. I guess ultimately, it is your decision and it depends on what you really want out of this situation. If all you want is for this to stop, hopefully that would be addressed promptly. I think another thing that I am thinking of is how this could potentially affect other people as well? Perhaps your reporting this behaviour can help prevent or stop these kinds of issues in the future?

Hey @honky!

Thanks for the update!

It's your decision, but like the others have said here, it's not okay what's happening to you Smiley Sad 

Is there anyone at all that you can talk to, to help relieve the distress from this?

We're always here to talk to, of course!

@honky 

Just checking in, how is it all going? is he still being a pain or has it got a little better? 

Forgot I had this thread Robot Indifferent

Thanks for checking in @Karinaskii! I've got placement tomorrow, last week was OK. Tried to avoid him which helped, but eventually we met paths and he was very condescending. But that's ok, I think that's just who he is. 

I was too afraid to tell my teacher because she was so happy for me nearly finishing placement, that I just couldn't. I think once it's over maybe I'll tell her, but I'm worried that she'll tell me off for telling her too late. 

Hey @honky, thanks for updating us! As for your concerns about whether you should tell your teacher about this, I don't think you would be told off for letting her know about this later. It is a serious issue that needs to be addressed and I'm pretty sure she'll understand why you've decided to hold it off until the end. It's better late than never, I suppose.

Good luck with the rest of your placement, you're almost there Smiley Happy