cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Beyond stressed

My mind is in complete shambles right now I'm all over the place. I have said yes to so many things all at once and I can't keep up. This stuff with mum is taking over and I can't stop thinking about it all. My head is a complete mess with so much going on inside its so hard, I really can't even think straight about much at the moment. I just want to take a break from everything but I know i won't be able to calm down to make that happen, the thoughts will still go over and over in my head, I can't catch a break. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Re: Beyond stressed

Sorry to hear that things are chaotic atm.
Have you taken a moment to breathe. Ground your self I breathing can help to slow down the thoughts.
Is there anything you want to talk aboutv to help get it out of your head.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

@j95 Hey dude, I know I already mentioned this in the TwittRO thread, but if you need to take some time for yourself, make sure you do. Being overcommitted and feeling overwhelmed can have a huge effect on someone. The most important thing is to look after yourself first.

It might sound a bit lame, but have you tried screaming into a pillow to get some of the anger and frustration you're feeling out? Or is there something in your survival kit that you think might help a bit? Exercise? Drawing? Some chilled music?

Highlighted

@moonwalk I know my survival kit and strategies are there I just can't use them I don't have time for that self care stuff I have 1090 other things that need to be done urgently
Highlighted

It's all this stuff with mum @redhead can't really talk about much of it here, but the whole thing just brings up soooo much from the past

Highlighted

I know what that can feel like dude. But in the long run, you're more likely to get more done if you take some time out for yourself so you start to feel a bit better. That way you're in a better frame of mind to tackle the things you need to get done.

Let me know what you think of this idea to sort things - make a list of everything you need to get done, putting them in order from most urgent to least. You might find that some things don't need to be done right away, so you have less to focus on and might start to feel a bit less overwhelmed.

Highlighted

Thanks @moonwalk

Some of the things in my head aren't things that need to get done or finished but just thoughts that are stressing me out and making me feel panicky and upset. but there are also things I have said yes to that have their own designated time but I'm finding that all too hard, some days I leave at 6 and don't get home till at least 9pm. But it's all my fault I guess, I agreed to these things

Highlighted

It's all the stuff with mum which is causing me the most trouble
Highlighted

@j95 Sorry man, I didn't know that was the case before I posted. I get that those things are much tougher to organise.

With the other things though, don't feel like you can't take a step back for a bit if you need to. I'm sure the other people involved will understand. 

Highlighted

@j95 It can be hard to share this sort of tough time with other people so this might be challenging for you. All the same, are you comfortable with sharing what's happening with at least some of the people you've got commitments to? Dealing with mum stuff is an absolutely legitimate reason for leave, extensions and a bit of slack from your mates.  Is there one person or commitment that you have today or tomorrow that you could ask for a bit of space on? If so, i encourage you to start there and ask for it! It's okay to say no or cancel some plans in a situation like this, we just did a whole GR session on it Smiley Happy