cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bicurious

Hey everyone 

I have never done this before but I wanted to reach out because I can’t talk about this to anyone close to me. I’ve been in a relationship with a man (I female) for 5 years. I love him so much and I could never imagine life without him but I’ve been questioning my sexuality. I’ve never done anything with another woman, but I am very curious about it. It’s been bugging me for a few years now, and I just don’t know what to do anymore. A part of me wants to leave him to discover myself but a pet of me knows I can never be without him.

i just need some advice from people who have maybe struggled with this as well. 

Highlighted

Re: Bicurious

Hi @Jessica123 

I want to say thank you for sharing this post! Its awesome that you are expressing yourself own this platform, which I can imagine that it must have been scary, correct me if I'm wrong. 

It does sound this subject is very important to you and can be challenging to figure out on your own. Especially when it involves your relationship with someone you cherish.

One question I want to ask you about, to start off as Im interested in what you have to say, how long has this been going on for?

So it’s weird to kind of answer how long, I’ve always been attracted to woman along with men. I’ve never really thought about my attraction to woman that much until I about 2 years ago when I started to wonder if I was lesbian because I would be very attracted to other woman but I just put it down to just admiring them/wanting to be like them. But I don’t know something just doesn’t feel right for the last couple of months. Like I am even getting ready trying to explain it because even thinking about it feels like I’m being disloyal to my boyfriend. I’m just confused 

Highlighted

Teary not ready 

Highlighted

I’ve always had like girl crushes but isn’t that just normal? 

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hey @Jessica123 

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this conversation. First of all, I wanted to say that this is a huge step for you to make. Acknowledging your curiosity and then putting it into words on an online space, is not an easy thing to do. 

I can imagine this is all weighing really heavy on you. I'm just wondering if there's anything nice you can do for yourself. Sometimes a good distraction is a nice way to give your brain a break from thinking about this. 

What you are going through is tough and I assure you many members here have also been through it. We had a whole conversation about it here . I'd really encourage you to read through when you're up to it Smiley Happy 

Know that there is no time limit to working out your identity. It is your journey and yours only Heart Do you think this is something you could discuss with your partner? 

Highlighted

@Jessica123 

I agree with what @Bre-RO said. I think it is normal to have those crushes. What i can also is that you are a person who is changing everyday in your own way. And that is okay to experience. 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO thank you for referring me to the conversation, I’ll go through it tonight. 

I don’t know how he will react, he’s not the most understanding person.

Highlighted

We'd be interested to hear how you found the conversation @Jessica123 

Do you think it might be helpful to speak to an organisation that is focused on LGBT+ support services? Sometimes talking to someone who "gets it" is the best place to start. There is an organisation called OUT that you may find helpful. Here is the website.