cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bullying?

Now I get you! I remember when I was in high school there was a group of girls I really wanted to be friends with. If you have any classes with them try sitting with them and chatting. Do you have any school activities with them?

Building confidence takes time but I have always found that people who smile a lot, have open body language, are inclusive and kind are always the ones people are drawn to most. Just remember you’re perfect just the way you are and be your own best friend, the rest will follow Smiley Happy

hope that helps! 

But I need that motivation to be confident and talk to people including girls and new people

Sent from my iPhone

@aebarrie12,
I know you will get through this, but I'm not sure how to help right now.
As I said in my last post, I'm getting bullied at school. I also struggle with talking to others, because I gave up on making friends a long time ago. That has affected me in ways that are indescribable. If I get any more tips, I can give them to you, but I'm still struggling too. You aren't alone.
//You are strong, You are beautiful, You are enough//

Hi @aebarrie12 going up to new people can definitely be a nerve-wracking task, you're definitely not alone. I like to smile and just say hi and see how they respond to me, if they're quite friendly then I feel comfortable to either initiate conversation or follow along with theirs. If I feel like they're closed-off and not so friendly then I will just move on. Sometimes it's just a lot of trying but when you get that one success then it feels good, and that's often how people make friends.
@xXLexi_Lou122Xx would this possibly be helpful to you too?

But what will motivate me , I’m so nervous that I bit my lip , touch my face , brush lint off my clothes. I feel like giving up, I feel like the odd person of the group and I can’t talk to people and everyone else can hold a conversation. It’s makes me sad that I’m the quiet person in the group and the others are chatty.

Sent from my iPhone
Highlighted

hey @aebarrie12

that sounds really difficult that you feel nervous about talking up among your friends. Lots of people can experience nervousness in social interactions, even when it's around those closest to us. 

ReachOut have written a bunch of articles around this which might be worth checking out! there this one on 3 ways to talk yourself up, this one on How to stop being nervous, and a this one on  5 ways to feel better about yourself

Hi @aebarrie12
You're definitely not alone in how you feel or getting nervous. I think it's all about practice to be honest! And there is nothing wrong with being the quiet person in the group, everyone is unique and has their own special thing that they bring into a group. Have you met anyone that you look forward to talking to? That could be a possible motivator! Can you think of anything else that can be a potential motivator?
Here for you Heart

Hey, I’m frustrated that I’m a shy person and I want to talk to others but I need that motivation and push , i am confident though but I’m missing that extra push to get me talking to others. 

Hey @aebarrie12 

Thanks for sharing. I just wanted to say that you mentioned you have confidence which is really good as it should help you tackle the issue you're having regarding approaching others. I feel like starting conversations can be hard especially during one's youthful years when you're still learning about the world and learning about yourself. I think most people would have felt the way you feel at some stage in their life. I used to be quite shy as a teenager but as I got older I began to care less about what other people think. I think becoming more confident in social situations comes with age and experience, to an extent. Practice makes perfect, hey. 

Talking about practice. It might be good to call Kids Helpline and speak with a counselor about your concerns? They may be able to give you some tips and strategies on how to become more confident in such situations, or do some social skills training with you. Otherwise we have some really good articles which might be of interest to you - such as how to be less socially awkward,  how to overcome shyness, and how to make friends at school. 

I hope you find them useful Smiley Happy