cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Burnt out, over it and ready for a change

hey @NigioC thanks for your response. ive been trying to work on my breathing and relaxation. thanks for the links. today i felt like i needed to talk to someone but didnt want to burden family and friends, can i call lifeline for counselling? i always thought it was more of an emergency service. thanks

Hey @bigthoughts : you can call (or webchat) lifeline to talk about anything, it definitely does not have to be an emergency. Just be aware that you might have to wait, and they are staffed by trained volunteers. Your other option if you are under 26 is to chat online or call eheadspace who are staffed by professional counsellors (and so is Kids helpline which is also for anyone up to 26 - silly name I know).

I'd really encourage you to make the most of these services while you wait for your appointment. The other thing you could do is try an online program like e-couch (it's an online self-help program that can help with anxiety and other emotional problems. It includes exercises to help you understand yourself and others bette and gives you a set of practical strategies to help you to improve your life - and it's free), or check out some of the apps and online tools listed here.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hi. I loved your story. I just want to let you know that you are great inspiration to me! I am not in uni- only year 11- and i am struggling with anxiety and depressive thoughts over the stupidest of things. But i dont know how to stop. Reading your post just made me feel like I will get better. I will, I have to, and I can. Thanks so much! Take care Smiley Happy

@012EmC
So glad to hear reading this post has helped.
I hope some of the resources posted have helped as well? Is there anything specific you might want