cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Calling Kids Help Line

Hey,
So my father and my sis are going out at about 3pm and I'll be at home by myself till my mum gets home at around 5. My fav KHL counsellor is on today from 3- and I think I should take the chance to call her. I don't know why, but I'm kind of freaking out over it and yeah.
Question: So when you call, do they ask which counsellor you'd like to see? Or just a random counsellor?
I'm very nervous eekkk

Re: TW: I can't stand it

Hey @annabethxchase  - I think it's a great idea to use the opportunity to chat to KHL!  But i can completely understand why you're feeling anxious about it - it can be nerve wracking. Is this the first time you've thought of calling them?

I hope you don't mind but I might just move your reply to a new thread in wanting to keep threads from getting too long.

It might make it easier for a few other people who have had experiences with KHl to jump in and give you some insight/ responses 

Yeah it's pretty nerve-wracking. I've definitely thought of calling them but I've never had that opportunity.
Yeah that's alright, I just didn't want to make a new thread Smiley Sad

okay im super confused how this new thread is working but ill just push those confusing thoughts away !

so when i call khl and then they pick up i usually say “hi, could I please speak to W ?” and they’ll say “yeah sure let me check if she’s available”. then there’s like a huge silence and the counsellor genuinely will say ill transfer through to their line or straight through to them Smiley Happy

hey @annabethxchase contacting your khl counsellor sounds like a good idea while youve got a good opportunity. One of the counsellors will answer the phone and you just ask to speak with (your counsellors name) and they will transfer you to their que just like you would on webchat Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Thanks @scared01 Smiley Happy
Phew! I was hoping that was the case, I find it really draining to talk to different counselors and repeat everything that's happened. I haven't spoken to her about the SH or anything so getting a bit panicky..

thats more than ok @annabethxchase like you its hard to keep retelling things or have to re explain things over and over. It is hard to talk about the SH and the tough stuff no matter what it is, try your best to be honest with her though but dont beat yourself up about it if you dont get through it all. sometimes they ask for a focal point if theres alot happening and perhaps talking about your sh and the things that might be helpful for you could be a good place to start but thats totally up to you and an hrs talk can cover a few things if you needed to.

If your counsellors not doing the phone calls today or theres a really long que, you can still speak to another counsellor as they can read back through some of the notes your normal counsellor has writen but again totally up to you and what your comfortable in talking about

thanks @scared01 i'll talk more about the sh Smiley Happy oh yeah that's right they can read back im so forgetful !
omg i just realised that it'll come up in the phone bill fuck

hmm do you think you could ask them to ring you back? they ring on a private number so it wont look to obvious @annabethxchase

sorry ive got to head off- ill try to catch up with you later. duty calls.. again

yeah ok ill give that ago @scared01
thats ok, thank you Smiley Happy