cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't think straight, feel my head will explode

This post may contain a bit of swearing

So I offically signed out today, my high school experience has come to an end. I feel I truly fucked up my HSC, I feel I can read and study as much as possible but still screw up and forget something. I'm not sure I'll get into UNI now, my ATAR is probably going to be crap.

I don't know who I should trust and listen to, my parents have doubts I will get into UNI whilst but some guys I volunteer work with assure me that I will and give me that crap of  'never doubt myself'......now why did I say they are talking crap?

I signed up with them to be a volunteer media host but they felt the work was too stressful so they cut down my role down massively and replaced me....now they said this replacement was my teammate but no.....they were a replacement pure and simple. I tried to persuade them I was okay with the work and willing to do it....but they didn't listen and I've given up trying to communicate with them....but yet they convince me that I have talent, skilled etc but in my head I'm thinking  "But you don't let me fucking do anything"

I don't feel I should trust anyone anymore, everyone just screws with me.

Highlighted

Re: Can't think straight, feel my head will explode

Hey mate, congratulations on getting through year 12. Man Happy

It sucks that your workmates have reduced your role to less than you feel capable of doing. The only thing I can suggest is to do this current role to the best of your ability, and then gradually start asking for an extra responsibility here and there until you've built it up to something you're happy with. Maybe you could find one person and ask them what you need to be doing to earn more responsibility?

It also might be possible that your workmates do think you're talented, but perhaps they've had different experiences from you and are used to things being done a different way to what you are.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Highlighted

Hey @MemphisBelle, congrats on finishing year 12 and all your exams! I know you're stressed right now and worried about getting into Uni, but try not to miss out on taking the time to enjoy high school being over forever!

Chatting to you on here, I can tell you're really intelligent dude and even if you didn't get the ATAR you were hoping for, there are so many other avenues than going straight to uni after high school! One of my close friends didn't do that well in his HSC and wasn't able to get into uni the next year. So instead, he completed a diploma course the year after, which he scored really well in, from there he applied to uni again and was accepted into a psychology degree at a smaller school. He studied his ass off and earned a HD average, which he was then able to use to transfer to a law degree. 

@Bay52VU had some really solid input on the situation with the guys you volunteer with. I know it can feel pretty crappy when people don't give you a chance. I know how passionate you are about film and production, so I can tell you'd give your all for whatever project you work on in that industry! Are there any other similar places you could volunteer to be in a fresh environment?

Highlighted

Hey @MemphisBelle congratulations on finishing grade 12. I know that it was difficult for you, but you made it.
With your ATAR score, I'm not 100% how it works, as I did OP, but there are other routes you can take to get into Uni. Is there someone you can talk to about your options?
Highlighted

I have a General Studies course on my list of preferances so hopefully that helps with getting in a bit...

I haven't tried to ask for more work, I'm thinking it's best to just let it slide for the minute

Highlighted

Hey @MemphisBelle

If you don't want to push back on the work mates just yet, that's okay. Do you have an idea of the sort of work you would like to do? Like would you be happy if you just had the role that you initially thought you would have? Or is there something more or different that you would like to focus on? 

Also regarding exams, have you watched some of the videos from our There's Life After Year 12 series? I know some of the people who have been going through this at the moment have found it a bit helpful to get some perspective from a few years or (in people like Malcolm Turnbull's case) a few decade's time. 

Highlighted

Hey Guys, I just got a letter saying I was accepted into UNI...so I'll be okay

Highlighted

Congratulations MemphisBelle Smiley Happy . You should be proud of yourself.
Highlighted

@MemphisBelle well done on getting accepted to uni
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Congrats mate! Smiley Happy
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________