cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Can't think straight, feel my head will explode

Woooooo!!! Congrats @MemphisBelle! So stoked for you! Smiley Very Happy

EDIT: Oops, got a little too excited and hit Post before I was finished. What will you be studying? Are you still looking to do something within film/production/media?

Highlighted

@moonwalk Yeah I'm studying News Broadcasting which involes how to use video cameras etc
Highlighted

Yew! That is awesome @MemphisBelle Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

omg well done @MemphisBelle! i was reading your first post going 'man that sucks hope they are okay and do get in' and then i read a few posts later that you got in to uni!!! its so nice when the same thread shows the problem and then the solution!!!

goodluck for uni next year, its such a great experience. make the most of it, meet new people, get absorbed into the community Smiley Happy

regarding your volunteering work, how is it going? it can be SO frustrating when people dont let you do things that you fully beleive you are capable of. has anything changed since?

we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle
Highlighted

Omg so awesome @MemphisBelle!!! I am thrilled for you and all of your efforts to get this. Nice work! You have so much cool learning ahead Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Hey Guys,

So after many emails, it is 100% confirmed that I am going to University. I am suffering headaches from shock, I did not imagine I would get in. I had counsellors, teachers and even "friends" doubt that I would get in. I can't stop thinking about it, I'm reading maps of the campus, going over my welcome email message over and over and looking a snapshots of the campus.

As I write this, the school formal is on. I did not go. I do not feel any regrets, I didn't have any close friends so it wouldn't matter. I would have gotten tired of it and run off after an hour anyway. Some beg me to turn up but they never invited to any other events or tried to be welcoming to me in the past.....so I don't know but it's done and doesn't matter.

I just can't belive how insane this previous year was, I broke down so many times and felt I wasn't worth a damn....

That's just a quick update, thanks to you all

That is so great to hear @MemphisBelle ! Glad you can ignore your haters and prove them wrong! Best feeling in the world, I say!

Gah! The excitement of studying the campus! I am so happy for you! I am literally smiling from reading this. Smiley Very Happy

This just goes to show how strong and resilient you are!

So glad to have helped you along your way. Don't forget to stay in touch. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

I know I'm a bit late in the game here, but congrats on getting in to uni @MemphisBelle! The course you're doing sounds really cool, I hope you have an awesome time studying it Smiley Happy

Highlighted

You sound really awesome if you don't get the ATAR to do what you want, there are always ways around to do what ever you want. As long as your passionate and dedicated theres nothing you can't do.
Highlighted

Great point, @George101
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle