cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Childhood trauma can’t stop self blaming

Almost 26 I may not be able to come back on these forums 

Highlighted

Hey @gmusicj That’s some really sad news that you are nearly reaching the age limit here at reach out Smiley Sad
I just wanted to make sure you still had support even when you move on from these forums. If you are interested in staying with a forum support option then there is also a similar forum called SANE forums which is for people over 18. There you will connect with other adults both around your age, a bit younger and also older! I made an account there not knowing you had to be over 18 sadly but there people are so lovely and will most definitely make you feel welcome!
You may also like to look into some face to face support for any issues you may have. If you are interested in finding a psychologist, psychiatrist ect I am happy to send through a website that finds services in your area Smiley Happy
There are also suicide call back service if at any time you are in a crisis or affected by suicide in anyway.
If you’re still on the forums let me know if you would like some more options Smiley Happy

You will be missed! Heart
Highlighted

I wish I could just stay I go on SANE no body replies to my posts 

Highlighted

@gmusicj that is horrible! Do you have your posts in the right area? Maybe tagging someone in particular that you would like support from may help them notice and give their advice. Do you think you could do that?

I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now Smiley Sad losing such a beautiful community as well as your support is so hard and is something I am dreading! We won’t forget you tho and you can still look over the forums and also follow reach outs social media for really helpful life tips on many different topics as well as some really great Facebook lives! You can also still look through reach outs articles here on the website! Those are super helpful.
But I understand that this isn’t going to be the same as talking to the beautiful people here Smiley Sad how are you coping with this? Also do you have any other supports in line for when the time comes? I would hate for you to be alone Smiley Sad
Highlighted

I don’t know anyone there I already feel lost my mind right now is help others but not me first I don’t how to help me let alone help another youngster  

Highlighted

I feel you @gmusicj Smiley Sad
Do you feel you can make another account to start fresh? Maybe that would make people recognise you more. When I was new I went to a random thread that was for everyone that was going through a tough time to post and so many people welcomed me and even went to other threads to tell others that there was a new member! Even tho I was 15 Smiley Tongue could you try this?
Highlighted

Idk maybe but I still self blame and if I feel really really bad I self punish my brain dose snap out of it after a while 

Highlighted

Hey @gmusicj 

I'm feeling for you. The cycle of self-punishment and blame is a horrible thing to be experiencing. It can feel so hard to show yourself compassion, especially if it's not something that you've been encouraged to do, throughout your life. 

I commend you for coming here to speak about your experiences. That takes guts. I'm wondering if you've ever reached out to any other supports? Friends, family or even a counsellor? Talking through ways of battling the self-blame, over time, can really help to get a different perspective on yourself. 

We're here for you Heart