cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chronic pain

I've missed being on here, haven't been on for a long time, I think I've been withdrawing from people lately. I'm constantly in pain that I don't feel like doing anything. I don't know what to do with myself nowadays. My head and neck are constantly throbbing, my back is always sore. I'm  just tired of being in pain. I've been to the doc, and started going to a physio. But I guess it takes time, and I'm not entirely sure why my body hurts so much. 

Re: Chronic pain

Heya @Creativegirl12 oh no super sorry to hear about the physical pain you've been putting up with.

Did Physio give you an idea of recovery time?

Is the pain pretty much constant, salt baths etc no use?

Look forward to hearing from you Smiley Very Happy

She hasn't said anything about how long it'll take, I only seen her once. The pain is pretty constant, it's making me feel hopeless and low. Maybe being tied to bed a lot contributes to worrying. But I don't know how to occupy myself, I guess I could do some relaxation stuff. I'm trying to fight through it. I haven't tried salt baths, I could give that a go Smiley Happy

It's good to hear from you @Creativegirl12, although I'm really sorry to hear that you've been in so much pain lately. It sounds super frustrating to be tied to the bed so much of the time - is there anything that you like to do when you're bed bound, like colouring, art, reading, watching a tv series, anything like that? I know a couple of people with chronic pain and it really sucks Smiley Sad I hope the physio is able to help you out and you start feeling a bit better soon. Heart

Hi @Creativegirl12,

I am not sure if this is allowed but I also suffer from chronic pain. Ive found subreddit r/chronicpain to be very helpful in chatting to those that understand what thats like.

Take care.

I'll allow it @witheverylight!

Although remember to use a different username to the one you use on the forums if you can, it helps you stay anonymous Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@DruidChild I was brainstorming what I can do when I'm feeling unwell. It really also depends on intensity and how I feel. I can watch some TV shows, depending on how much my eyes can take. Relaxation. Praying. Music. Drawing. Exploring my fictional characters In my mind. Pondering over the meaning of life. Light exercise if I can, because that can ease the pain a bit.

@witheverylight I can look into subreddit, it does help to have support. I hope it does get easier for you too.

Some great ideas there, @Creativegirl12! :-) Does the brainstorming help you feel better? Or does it not really make a difference?

Those all sound like really great ideas @Creativegirl12! I'm not sure if this helps at all, but for a while I made a schedule for myself, really basic stuff like, in the morning I would reply to emails, listen to music and do art, then in the afternoon I would do study and watch tv and spend time with family if possible. Could a simple schedule like that help you at all?

How are you doing today? Heart Hope the pain is not too bad. 

@JanaG it did help to brainstorm some ideas because I think I just really needed something to keep my mind occupied with.

@DruidChild I definitely find sticking to a simple schedule helps. And it's been easier having uni pressure off me. I'm in some pain, but it's not the worst.