cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Coping strategies

Hi @Love_elmo77, I just saw this and I'm sorry you're feeling this way Smiley Sad my parents often have arguments and come and vent to me, either that or don't explain what's going on to me at all! The uncertainty can really take a toll on your mental health and I would recommend looking after yourself first. It looks like you have had a few recommendations for getting help.

It sounds like whatever the argument was, it is something between your parents. You aren't responsible for them and they are the ones who are best equipped to work it out, even if they don't act like it, because it is their problem and not yours. The best thing for you to do is set boundaries for how much you are willing to get involved until you think you would start feeling hurt by it. If that boundary is 'not at all' that's okay! Is there any place you can go to get some space from them and the arguments, even if that's your room with the headphones on loud or a friend's house or school?

Highlighted

Hi @Love_elmo77!
I'm sorry to hear that things have been difficult for you at home.
I think it's amazing that even when your parent didn't support you wanting to receive counselling you knew what would be best for you and did what you needed to in that moment. You sound very strong and brave Heart
Parents aren't perfect, they sometimes get it wrong, and they're still learning and growing too.

If you found the kids helpline useful would you consider using that service again if you need to talk to someone about how you're feeling? 
The reach out forums are of course always here for a chat too, so thank you for connecting with us! 

Highlighted

@StormySeas17 i usually stay in my room at home, i dont really go to a friends house because I’m not really sure how to explain to them what is going on in my family
Highlighted

@recharging_introvert i think i would use kids helpline again thanks for all your help everyone
Highlighted

Hey @Love_elmo77 thanks for posting again here, I hope if you do contact kids helpline again that you find them to be helpful and supportive.

I just want to echo what @StormySeas17 and @recharging_introvert have been saying, that we're here for you. I hope you're able to do something nice for yourself today Heart

Chill Relaxing GIF by Loof and Timmy

Highlighted

Hi Elmo !

If you think you are at risk of any danger then, please seek out some help and safety first and foremost. Aside from that have you tried asking your other relatives for some input? I wouldn't pry too much if they don't want you to know.

I hope things are going well for you friend.
Highlighted

@Anzelmo i dont really wanna tell any family friends & relatives only because if i do tell them something they might ask my mum if its true or not and they could just lie and make up something like they always do,that’s why i dont speak to my parents nor trust them
Highlighted

Hey @Love_elmo77 , that's understandable that you don't want to tell others about what you're going through and that you don't speak to your parents because you don't trust them, I'm wondering if you reached out to Kids Helpline again? Or if there are any other supports you've thought about to help you feel better? 

Highlighted

@Hannah-RO i have reached out to kids helpline again it sort of made me feel better
Highlighted

@Love_elmo77 I'm glad that you felt like you could contact the kids helpline and that it made you feel better (even if it was just a little bit).

How was your day today? Did you get to do something fun for yourself? What do you like to spend your time doing? Smiley Happy