cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Coping with life post operation

Thanks @Taylor-RO Yeah it's quite a rare fracture apparently, so hence the group Smiley Tongue
Oh yes, it gets quite annoying at times!
Yeah, I've asked him once if he wanted to see them and he said no :/ ugh, I have them anyway Smiley Happy
But yeah I have lots to keep me busy Smiley Happy <3

Come have a chat about ROUTINES in our weekly Getting Real
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Happy to hear you're getting some support on Facebook and that the healing is happening, even if it's slow @Bee Heart Photography sounds like an awesome way to keep busy! How has your day been today? Smiley Happy 

@DruidChild thanks for keeping on checking in with me, it means a lot.
The healing is coming along nicely, I'm confident that I can slowly reduce the painkiller my gp wants to fortnightly! Smiley Happy
I got creative and started playing with some photos I did for a friend back in 2015 and brought a whole new dimension to them and she was so happy with them! Smiley Very Happy I've got a few more to do still Smiley Happy
I've been a bit out of it this weekend, Friday a tooth was a little sore and I didn't really think anything of it, but it really hurt yesterday and I went to emergency where triage nurse was rude, and funnily I got the GP I am seeing while my usual one is on maternity leave. And he gave me a script for meds to help with the pain - and they have, but today my face swelled a bit :/ so tried to contact a dentist but no one was open or available for emergency apt. So I shall ring the public line in the morning and hopefully get in or get it sorted.
By this arvo I was a little better and managed to get out the back and hang some clothes up! Something I've been scared to do since my operation! so YAY!

hey @Bee how are you going?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

Hey @Bee,

Like @scared01, just wanted to check and see how you're going?

Highlighted

@scared01 I'm sorry I missed your tag earlier in the week, I'm sorry.
@Sunflower18 thanks for asking, I was about to come here tonight so your tag was great timing Smiley Tongue

I've been struggling a bit this week with dealing with the whole situation. I'm exhausted from the cast and non-weight bearing. I'm exhausted from navigating tight spaced at home on the knee scooter because I dislike crutches and they hurt to non-weight bear. Ugh.

Aside from the exhaustion I'm sick of feeling cooped up and stuck at home. I miss my independence. This is making it harder to cope with my depression as of late. I sit and I stare at posts on RO or at colouring pages or whatever task I've given myself to do, and sometimes half an hour will go by before I realize that I've done nothing - I'm starting to dissociate again. Sometimes it's barely any time and I can manage it, other times it's longer periods and I just ... I don't know anymore.

I had my psychiatrist and psychologist appointments this week, and my psychiatrist appointment went well, but my psychologist appointment, I cried (which I am fine with as it's become a safe place for me to cry) but then I was just so sensitive the rest of the day and I cried most of the evening because of little things that happened or didn't happen. Some were reasonable that I cried and felt upset over, others were tiny things that normally I am able to shrug off and accept it happened.

I'm feeling a bit defeated because I'm only 4 weeks through and I've got another 8 weeks non weight bearing still to go! Smiley Sad

It sucks that you are feeling so frustrated about everything at the moment @Bee Smiley Sad I can only imagine how dis-empowering it would feel to not be able to get around easily or do what you want. It does highlight how much of a credit it is that you have been able to make it to your appointments considering it is difficult for you to get around. That is a massive effort and you should be proud of yourself for having that level of energy and motivation! Heart

I think it is normal to have days where you are sensitive, particularly if you have just had a challenging appointment or if life has been tough in general. It is also okay if sometimes it feels unreasonable, especially if that is something you can realise as you know it is temporary. I know how much self-awareness you have and how resourceful you are, so I was wondering if there is anything that you think could help in this situation? Forgive me if I am wrong but I think you have a way with words and a lot of inspirational experience. Have you thought of posting a blog? I acknowledge how frustrating it is to find ways to keep yourself occupied when you have a lot of time on your hands. 

@Bee im very proud of you for still trying your best and being motivated with some errands ! Smiley Happy it’s perfectly fine to have days when you’re more emotional than others, it’s a very normal thing. @Taylor-RO gave you a good suggestion of making a blog, would you be interested in that ? i started one a while back and havent posted recently but i really do enjoy it i just haven’t had time :/

@Bee Heart sending lots of supportive hugs to you
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

@Taylor-RO thank you for responding, it does suck, and sometimes it's really hard to cope with, other times I'm kinda okay.
Dis-empowering is so accurate!
I guess it's something to be proud of, I more see it as a chance to get out and maintain my mental health recovery.
I've not really considered writing a blog, I wouldn't know where to start or what to write even. Maybe I could try journalling more...

Thanks @litgym <3 I don't know if I would be into starting a blog, I usually have enough to do with my photography instagram, but I've put that on hold for now...