cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Coping with life post operation

Thanks @litgym <3

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee We will be here to listen when you're ready to talk Heart Well done for watching some B99 as some self care...I know it can be hard. Recovery is never a smooth linear path but I have watched you take so many huge steps in your thinking in the last year and I know you will get to where you want to be even if it takes time. Remember you are valued and cared about Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@DruidChild thanks <3
I'm putting that other issue on hold for a bit, something else I need to talk about first over at Running into my old boss...

I know recovery is never linear, and I'm trying so hard to be kind to myself with this foot thing, but it is hard when my mind has other ideas... (Curse you mental illness!) 

hey @Bee its hard when things decide they all want to collide at once doesnt it! it makes it hard to know where to start or what to talk about. its still awesome that youve been doing self care even if its only small amounts. each baby step counts, doesnt matter how small.

i hope your able to start walking on your foot soon or at least take steps to weight bearing again. pain, frustrations and mental health all go hand in hand.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 it doesn't rain, it pours! lol
self-care and helping here on RO are keeping me sane, although atm I just need some me time Smiley Tongue

I've decided to do my xray late next week, so hopefully it's looking good. I have to do a weight bearing one, so kinda nerveous, but that is okay it'll let me know how comfortable I am with it Smiley Happy

me time if perfectly fine @Bee we all need that
xrays late next week sound good. i can imagine you miht be abit nervous about the weight bearing one. when an injury has been significant or surgury youve spent so much time being careful that evne the thought of putting it down is scary. but your right itll let you know, you might find you can stand for a few seconds on it or just place it on the floor is the most you can do at the moment which is more than ok too

@scared01 <3
I'm excited! I can't wait to see them (Which probs won't be until I see the surgeon though Smiley Tongue )
I'm not so worried about putting it down, it's more about if it'll hurt without support and putting weight through it for the xray... like I've had it down and on the ground resting with no weight through it so that I'm okay about, I think I'm more worried about how my ankle will cope ahaha it's been sore.. and I forgot to ask the gp about that today, bugger Smiley Tongue

lol @Bee well youll be able to see the surgeon soon enough! first things first and thats getting xrays.
thats ok, its really normal to have worries esp in regards to something like weight bearing after an injury, esp it flares that dreadful pain up! youll know how much to weight to put on and also your comfort levels mentally too. even just abit of weight (rather than full weight) is usually enough

@scared01 thats true! Smiley Happy I'm looking forward to it! Smiley Happy
Yeah, with this injury it's recommended gradual increase to weight bearing, but that's okay Smiley Happy

baby steps @Bee even though i know how incredibly frustrating that can be