cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Coping with life post operation

@DruidChild I needed to read this just now, so thank you very much <3

Honestly right now I'm hating frankenfoot a LOT! I have so many thoughts and emotions about it and it's overwhelming and I'm feeling angry about it all. (Now come tears)

Pain levels have been up and down, I keep waking in the morning with pain, I take the weakest pain relief and it knocks me out for anywhere between 4-6 hours :/ So I'm not succeeding in getting my sleep int a better routine Smiley Sad
Today I'm battling through all the injury specific details. Most have no rhyme or reason, it's just part of this stupid injury **rolls eyes** I'm just getting over it. It's old. I'm frustrated with it.

And today I saw a friend and she hasn't been coping with some things and I guess I've kinda taken on her pain too as I'm feeling so mentally and emotionally spent.

I know in all of this that I am doing everything right by frankenfoot. I'm listening to my body and asking for help when needed to help it heal (much to the annoyance and irritation of family which causes drama, which in turn makes me feel bad again). I'm trying to remind myself that I am worthy of love and support and that one day things will be different. It's just a difficult journey right now...

Next weeks Getting Real: SCAVENGER HUNT RO STYLE!
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Hey @Bee, thank you for sharing how things have been for you Heart This sounds like such a lot to be dealing with - it must be overwhelming to be taking on your friend's and your family's needs while you're in such a vulnerable position yourself. Huge hugs. You are so right that you're worthy of love and support, and that this situation can improve and things will be better - I understand that it can be difficult to believe that at times, though. 

How much longer do you anticipate having this level of pain? Perhaps when you're able to be on less pain meds you'll be able to get into a sleep schedule that works better for you and your health. Would it be worth asking for support from your facebook group while things with your foot are so frustrating? 

As you mentioned to me in my thread, distractions can be a good way of coping - at least until a situation can improve. Is there something you could focus on - like learning a new skill, a tv show you could binge watch, treating yourself to a new colouring book - that would help you have some relief from these painful feelings? 

Thinking of you. Heart

@DruidChild it can be overwhelming for sure, but I'm managing it, I've told myself that there is not much I can do for my friend apart from let her know she is loved and be there to listen. I ended up sharing a couple of images from the latest kate with her and she loved them Smiley Happy

Pain is sometimes very spontaneous with this injury, I know that it will be a long road and the pain may decrease but it probably will never fully go away, but will become more manageable. I think a big reason why I wake in pain and the pain meds knock me out is because I've not slept well with the foot, so that makes it easier for the meds to knock me out. It's also a very exhausting injury so that doesn't help limited energy levels. I'm also feeling so exhausted at all times which doesn't help, so I need to talk to my GP about that.

I'm focusing a lot on colouring in right now, it's my daily self-care task right now. Binge watching tv is nice while colouring too Smiley Tongue
I am looking at a new colouring book, I just have to organise a few things before I can buy it Smiley Happy

hey @Bee

just checking in if you’re alright ? perfectly fine if you don’t want to talk about it now x

Sorry it took me so long to reply @Bee! I can see how self reflective you’ve been about your injury and the situation with your friend. You’re doing so well even if it might not feel that way Heart Hugs. How are you doing today? 

hey @Bee
how are you going today? hows your recovery going?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@litgym sorry I must have overlooked this tag in my inbox!
@DruidChild ❤ thanks
@scared01

Recovery - it's as expected. Healing as far as I know is going well. I'll do an xray probably next week sometime, probably Wednesday or Thursday. And wait to hear fro. My surgeon about when I can start to walk on it.

In all honesty I've not been coping so well with it all recently. Sure there's been outside things assisde from the foot; but it makes the whole foot thing harder to handle.
I've wanted to make a thread for little while, but really not feeling like I can be bothered to handle or cope with the stuff thats hurting right now. So when I'm ready I might make a thread about it. Until then I'm ignoring it and saying it doesn't exist. Rhe last few days I've been ansent as I've just crashed entirely and self-care seems redundant. But I colour in and I watch some Brooklyn 99 to try and escape my head. And I play games on my tablet to occupy my mind from going down a rabbit hole.

Doing even a little self-care is always a good thing @Bee, I admire the strength you have in dealing with your foot and all the other stuff that goes on. You ARE amazing, whenever you're ready to make the thread, we'll be here Smiley Happy

Hopefully you'll be able to walk on it soon!

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng tears formed reading that. Thanks ❤

@Bee im so proud of you for dealing with everything, it shows you have so much strengthHeart hugs 

make the thread when you're ready Smiley Happy i hope these emotions start to calm down soon <333