cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Coping with life post operation

hey @Bee how are you ? Heart 

its november which means non weight bearing is gonna be long gone soon Smiley LOL

Hey @litgym ! Soon enough I shall be starting to walk!

I have some awesome news! I did my xrays yesterday and the surgeon replied today! He said to wait out the 3 month period (next week/week after) and then I can start walking on it!!! I'm super excited to finally be able to progress a bit, but also a bit neverous because I'm not quite sure how much my foot and ankle will be able to take seeming I've been off it for 11 weeks! But time will tell and I'll be able to handle it! Smiley Happy

Of course I'll still be in the big ol' Moon Boot, but that's for protection and extra support! Smiley Happy Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

yayyy that’s so good to hear !! @Bee

how much longer do you have for your foot ? Heart

@litgym it absolutely is! Smiley Happy

What do you mean how much longer I have for my foot?

@Bee lol sorry i knew that wasn’t gonna make sense im just lost with words. everything is a bit chaotic right now.

like how much longer do you have to deal with everything post surgery? likeee living life normally with no weight of the foot dragging you down. sorry if that makes no sense !

@litgym ah that makes more sense Smiley Tongue
Uh I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I guess it could be a couple months or so before I'm out of the woods with having to really watch and plan for frankenfoot, but at the same time I'm kinda expecting/prepared that it won't get back to 100% preinjury. I'm trying not to focus to much on when things will be normal as that's a trigger in terms of getting there, if that makes sense. I do however want to be able to walk normally by April next year as I've agreed to shoot a friends' wedding to her fiance, and I'm so excited for it Smiley Happy
But until then I'm going to take my time with recovery so I don't end up going back into the boot a month after I come out like I did with the original injury Smiley Happy

hey @Bee

how are things ? thinking of you xx

@litgym thanks for checking in Heart
Things are slowly improving! I knew going into the surgery it would be a slow process. I am trying to keep a positive and open mind with the healing process. I'm focusing on increasing my strength and stamina slowly without overexerting my foot and ankle Smiley Happy I'm going at it slowly so I don't end up taking a day or more in pain doing nothing

I still get frustrated with it regularly and feel all the feelings over it, but I'm fighting through them as they come along Smiley Happy

sounds like a great way to go about your healing @Bee i get how frustrating slow healing can be. always needing to be careful when all we want to do is walk normally lol.

how did you go at your last xray with trying to stand abit?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

heya @Bee
hows things?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**