cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Crap night

Hi @Saltwaterdreamtime ,

It takes so much courage to reach out to support services when you are feeling anxious- good on you for taking that step! It's not easy to start that conversation, and I am really sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience. I can imagine it would have been really hard to wait for the call back Heart

One thing I really admire is that you continue to reach out to support services in the toughest of times- it is so important! I hope that next time you reach out to a support service that you are met with the compassion that I know is out there, and find a counsellor that you click with Heart

How are you feeling today? Do you have any plans for today?

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

I’m working @Jess1-RO

SO FUCKING MADDDDD!!!!!

EHEADSPACE IS A PEICE OF GARBAGE!!!! 

SO I TRY AHAIN FOR THE 2ND NIGHT IN A ROW BECSUSE THEY WERE USELESS LAST NIGHT guess what happens!!!!! 

I wait FOREVER and the worker picks me up and goes hi blah blah some dumb shit then says ok so you’ll have to log back out and join the Q

WHAT THE FUCK??

go back to the end?? WHAT A JOKE AND HOW IS THAT FAIR!!!! I Questiioned it becsuse that genuinely sounds fucked up and she said that’s the procedure the wait for me now is 2 hours!!!

GREAT SO PICK PEOPLE UP OUT OF THE Q TELL THEM TO LOG BACK IN AND GO BACK TO THE START WOW THAT REALLY MAKES SENSE

WHAT THE HELL 

why cant they just transfer me or keep me in Q what’s this logging back in bullshit like I said last night a MASSIVE FUCKING JOKE TRYIBG TO GET HELP FOR THIS USELESS MOTHERFUCKING ANXIETY so I give up whatever i’ll Just go back to being the stupid dickhead I always have been so what who cares obviously nobody can help me they are too busy so what’s the point in trying?

they are too busy to help me so who the fuck cares

Not that anyone fucking listens hey
Highlighted

Clearly

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime

It sounds like you've been having a really rough night tonight, which I am very sorry to hear. It can be a very brave and difficult thing to try to ask for help, so I imagine that not being able to access supports - like eheadspace - would be especially disappointing. 

Would you be able to explain a bit more about the situation just before you got asked to go to the back of the queue? Sometimes it can help to take a step back and reflect on what has happened, just so that you can properly process what happened, especially since you seem pretty angry at the moment. 

Anger is a normal emotion and it is totally normally and even healthy to feel when it matters. However, anger can sometimes make us feel upset or out of control. It's totally understandable to feel frustrated, or even upset about what happened, but trash talking people isn't the best thing to do. Saying something that might hurt another person doesn't help them understand why you feel the way you feel, and it doesn't help you feel better in the long run. Usually it makes everything worse. 

It also sounds like you're still pretty worked up at the moment, and often anxiety and anger can go hand in hand to make you feel like you're spiraling out of control. I think it would be a really good idea to try accessing another support service, like MensLine or KHL, or even just do some self care you know works for you. Whether that's doing some art, listening to music or going for a run to get your endorphins out. 

Last thing, I wanted to double check that you're safe at the moment. You mentioned at the end of your post that you felt like you wanted to self harm, which you said you haven't done in a long time. I know that you know that self harming is a bad idea, and that it's not going to achieve anything except hurting yourself. 

The only thing that happened before I got asked to go to the back was they said hi nice to meet whatever and I said yeah hi then they said I’m just the meet and greet person so what you will have to do is log out and log back in to join the queue 

that’s litterally it 

and I kept saying I don’t understand 

and the person just It’s the process 

how is putting someone to the end of the queue to wait all over again an acceptable process also chances are it will be the meet and greet person that will pick me up again and it will all happen again 

WTF she even said it will be another 2 hours after I log back in 

WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL

@Andrea-RO why would I try those 2 places when I can never get the help I ask for anywhere I go 

Well @Andrea-RO I was calm as I could be on the chat I even said I’m not angry I just don’t understand and they didn’t explain it to me
I can trash talk them all I want because they hurt me again!! Like everyone always does

Well that’s what these people want they want me to hurt myself they don’t genuinely care because nobody does let’s be honest
Didn’t even answer my questions about why it was happening b

That does sound like a really difficult situation, and I think a lot of people would  feel frustrated if they were in a similar position. I also think you did a really good job in keeping you cool when you were on the phone. You showed some excellent emotional control @Saltwaterdreamtime, and you should be incredibly proud of yourself for doing so Heart

What I do want to come back to are coping methods and your safety for tonight. I know that you've gone through some really difficult situations and you haven't fallen back on to self harming to get through them. Can you tell me what sort of things you normally do to help yourself when you aren't feeling your best?

If you aren't feeling safe tonight I really have to encourage you to access some other crisis supports. While we do care about everyone at ReachOut, we know our limitations with the sorts of things we can help with. It is really for only your benefit that you contact either a trusted friend or family member, a helpline like the one I mentioned above, or 000 if it is an emergency situation.