cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Current Issues

Hey all, its been a while since I been on. The reason for that is because I felt like my life was getting a bit better however, thats not the case. 

Recently, my social anxiety has been getting over me and causing me to have suicidal thoughts. I know its the holidays but recent occurances through my family such as fighting and deaths have cause so much pain on my mental health that its unbearable. I always fake a smile just to force me to be happy but it just can’t cut it.

My friends have been helping me get to this point without putting the ....

Re: Current Issues

Hi there @Jeplar, glad you have decided to come back on despite things being so low for you. (I have had to edit some of your post because it breaches the forum guidelines - see here). I need to check in with you about your thoughts of suicide and your safety that you have mentioned in your post.

Are you able to please check your email?

I have checked my email and have since replyed

Wonderful thank you so much for that.

Did you want to tell us a bit more of the pain you feel is on you now? You mentioned family issues and a recent death, as well as your social anxiety. Which one is the strongest source of pain tonight?

Mainly my social anxiety. It makes me feel like I’m not being accepted by anyone within my life. However, the family issues are strengthening that by making me feel like I don’t belong in it because of the language that does get spewed at me for what I am and issues between my divorced parents.

A big part of experiencing social anxiety, is the way it fuels feelings of being isolated and alone. Add being in the middle of parents who are separated/divorced and it's hard to know where you fit in. Does that sound about right?

Yes.

Just wanted to say it's very normal that you would be feeling this way! Anyone would if they were in your shoes

I know, its just really hard to manage it though, I’ve been talking to friends about it and they want to support me.

It's great you have some open ears and hearts being there for you!