cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DONO WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW

i dono what should i do now. I got engaged in a relationship few moths back. he loves me a lot and care for me so much. And yeah along with love and care there came possessiveness along with it. And now it is reaching its core. Literally we both are 24 hrs together. But that is not my issue. I feel like i am a victim of domestic violence. I have been physically assaulting me for 4 times in past 3 months. But there is no obvious reasons for the fight. He cares and loves me a lot but i do not know how to handle his anger.  When he gets angry he loses himself. No one can talk to me. He does not like me working. The reasons he states is that he does not like the people in my department. I will finish my course and leave the department in 8 months. But im worried whether it will continue even then. Whenever he is in anger he speaks bad about me and my character. I am about to get married to him in December. Everything is set for marriage. I lost contact with almost all of my friends because he doesnt like me talking to anyone. I stopped going to any of my department events because he does not likes it and above that im not ready for the fight that will arise later. Not going out or not having friends is not my concern but even after everything there is still a fight and when its fight it is in extreme. Soon after his anger vanishes he is with me begging for sorry. What i should do. I donot know how to handle this situation. I am a very easy going person in life but after being in this relationship i have changed completely. Always overthinking , not able to cope with my activities. Not able to concentrate in studies. Even my thinking goes to extreme like running away and stopping marriage. But when i think about my parents and surroundings im not able to do so. He speaks so abusive of me and treats me like shit when he is anger that to anger of unknown cause.

Kindly someone suggest how to handle the situation. I seriously fell like lost 

Re: DONO WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW

Hi @smilika,

I am really sorry to hear what you are going through with your fiance. It takes so much bravery to talk about domestic violence and I want you to know that we are here to support you through this and lend a listening ear Heart This forum is a safe and supportive space for these conversations, and we are going to do our best to give you options for support and to maintain your safety. You are not alone here and we appreciate your honesty in talking about your experiences with us Heart

Does anyone else know about the domestic violence or the verbal abuse? Is there anyone you have trusted to talk to about the way your fiance has been treating you? 

Your safety is so important to us and we want to make sure you have some options for support if you ever feel unsafe at home. If you feel unsafe, you can call 000 for urgent support. There are also some amazing services and helplines out there to support survivors of domestic violence and abuse such as 1800 RESPECT and services for experiences of trauma such as Blue Knot

Have you seen a health professional at all like a counsellor/psychologist/GP? 

I also just want to confirm your age to make sure we refer you to services that are going to be the most helpful for you. Are you within our 14-25 year age bracket?

Your courage is so appreciated here and I want you to know how grateful we are that you have reached out to us. It can be so hard to talk about domestic violence, but is also such an important conversation to have. We want to do everything we can to support you to stay safe at home and access services if you would like some more support Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

@Jess1-RO @@@@ I'm afraid I don have anyone trustable. I did not share this to anyone till now because I don't have anyone on my side. I feel so lonely and left alone in this situation. My age is 26 and his s 28. There is no much difference in age between us. I'm not able to figure what's the problem between us and how to overcome it.. He often gets angry.. whatever I do there is always a piece of mind which very anxious thinking what he will do if he get anger. I don't see happy or peaceful future with him, which is haunting me say and night. I am not able to concentrate on anything. I feel depressed and lo

Hi @smilika,

I’m just about to send you an email, keep an eye on your inbox Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here