cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dealing with health anxiety

@mspaceK  @Tiny_leaf Meals you can make with leftovers or can be stored to eat on other days are the best! Smiley Happy I find that pasta meals can usually be eaten over a few days as long as they are stored safely.

I'm somewhat lactose intolerant if I eat too much dairy, especially some types of yoghurt and ice cream. Cheese is usually tolerable though.

Thanks for the support @mspaceK! Heart

@mspaceK yeah, I don't eat meat or milk products, so most of the ones that work for me should be alright for you too. 

Plus I seem to have a weird reaction to.. untoasted bread? It's very weird, I think it's the yeast or something... 

@WheresMySquishy I am lactose intolerant too. I can't have dairy cause it really does upset my tummy particularly if i have too much. 

Highlighted

That really does sound quite odd @Tiny_leaf about the bread thing. How bizarre! 

What meals do you like the most?

@Tiny_leaf  That's so weird! I get a reaction to bread too although I don't have coeliac disease. It seems to trigger my allergies for some reason.

I think lactose intolerance is super common.

I found this article about simple vegetarian dishes and some of them look really good. I ate spaghetti with a lentil and tomato sauce the other day and it was really nice.

@mspaceK it really is, especially since I can eat pasta and toasted bread and stuff... 

At the moment it'd probably be mac'n'cheese, with vegan "cheese" and soy milk. 

Thank you @WheresMySquishy - I'll check that site out. And I've never had normal macNcheese mor a vegan version come to think of it. But I have been thinking about making vegan nachos.  That might be nice. 

It's actually really hard to know what to eat recently because ny tummy has been having so many digestive upsets, with foods that don't normally cause a reaction. I think it might be normal considering my infection at the moment. I just don't know when it will clear up and it'll get back to normal. 

@mspaceK there are a few vegan lasagna recipes which'll have left overs, plus mac'n'cheese ones if you have vegan cheese. 

Also a "roast" potato recipe that takes like 5 minutes too cook. If you keep a bunch of raw, cubed potatoes in an air tight container in the fridge you could probably cook it in the time it'd take to reheat leftovers. 

@mspaceK also apparently easy to digest foods include toast, white rice, water crackers, applesauce, eggs if you eat them, and bananas, so any recipes with any of those ingredients may be good. 

Thank you @Tiny_leaf . 

I just did some dishes and put on a load of washing. Now I'm watching some tv shows.