cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Debriefing about last night

Yeah definitely want to talk through it all @Ben-RO just don't really know how to respond to it right now
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Hey @j95 you want to talk in here? Did you go for a skate today too, or just a walk?

@Bree-RO Yeah here is better, also I wish that thread could get deleted I don't want to get in trouble with the police
No I just went for a walk nothing else

Hey @j95 I can delete it but I want to make sure you're 100% okay with that as it is your thread, let me know and I will remove it Smiley Happy

Happy to keep chatting in here. Was it a reflective walk, how'd you feel after it?

well i would like it gone because its upsetting and i could get in lots of trouble but there is also a lot to learn from it @Bree-RO

It wasn't really a reflective walk just a few moments to calm down, i felt a little more relaxed after like i was thinking more rather than just saying anything cause i was upset

i swear I'm not a bad person even if it seems like it right now I'm really not

feels crap and I'm ashamed of myself that i even got to that point though, like a bloody 5 year old who didn't get what he wanted

Hey @j95 you are right could be a bit of insight in that thread, did you want to sleep on it and let @Ben-RO know in the morning whether you want it removed?

I can understand you feel ashamed, not a nice feeling; however I see it as a really insightful learning experience. Right now you're taking a lot in and analysing the event which can be good but also try to go easy on yourself.

Is there anything awesome you can do for you tonight? There's plenty of time tomorrow to talk about how to manage anger moving forward, but self care is definitely a super important priority at the moment. What are your thoughts?

I'm almost crying and i'm upset because I don't know why I'm like this @Bree-RO

@j95 well a lot of really heavy stuff has happened and you were hurt really badly by it which made you angry- fair enough! Perhaps you learned the way you're expressing anger from other people who have expressed anger at you? I don't know for sure, definitely something to ask your psychologist about, i'd love to know what they say if it's something that we can help you with Smiley Happy 

Here's the thing, you're learning, you're owning responsibility and it sounds like you're thinking through what to do about it all. That's very awesome, you should be proud of that and we are all stoked for you. 

I think it's a good idea to remove the thread, but only to remove the expression of the anger, the anger behind it is a valid feeling i i'm worried you might think we're saying "don't feel angry". The issue and the pain you've gone through are still important.

I would really be keen to get your psych's help on this one because there's a bit of therapy stuff here and i don't want to go off the deep end with it when you've got such good backup. Would that be hard for you to do at the moment?