Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: “Delusions”

Seriously fuck this 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717, that must be incredibly frustrating. I can understand why that would be making you feel so angry. Waiting around for such a long period of time is such an uneasy feeling to sit with Smiley Sad I hope you hear from someone soon. Is there a way that you can still do the things you need to whilst being able to answer the call if they ring?
Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717,

I'm sorry that you had to wait so long the other day for the phone call, that must have been really hard. I'd also feel anxious and frustrated in that situation.

How have you been lately?

Highlighted

So I spent just over a week in hospital again.... it made things worse and the dr basically said that because I could have a conversation I was making everything up and that there was nothing wrong with me. I don’t know what more I am supposed to do but I am not reaching out to services again there is no point and I can’t go through that again. That was the last time. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 I've had people say the same for me Smiley Sad

They just.. don't understand.

Do you have any plans for emotionally recovering?

Especially after seeing that doctor, he sounds terrible..

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 , it's really nice to see your name pop up on the forums again, have been thinking of you and wondering how you were going. I'm so sorry to hear that you had that experience with that doctor, that must have felt beyond awful. Are you still seeing your private psychiatrist at the moment? 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO  I am still seeing them but I feel bad because they are literally my last hope and I don’t want to put that pressure on them but I am kind of desperate at the moment. 

@Tiny_leaf  It really sucks and is super stigmatizing for people with mental illness like there are plenty of people with MI who can have a conversation while they are not going well and this was the director of the hospital who said this to me which just makes me mad because I feel like he will end up ignoring someone to the point they end up gone just because of his stupid old school opinions. Like I accept that maybe he is just a terrible doctor and that that hospital is full of bad or not great doctors but it is frustrating and upsetting because it means I have to just manage this on my own and that I don’t have any options for crisis support even if I am not safe like it is so exhausting. And I am mad that I am mad because I shouldn’t waste my energy on crappy people but still it was hurtful. 

I am trying to just focus on some things I need to do like contact uni I left myself sleep all day because I needed too i had only slept 2 days while in hospital I am trying to just focus on each day because looking further than that is too much and I am trying to just suck it up and cope the best I can because that is all I can do right now, but I had an interesting conversation with my mother yesterday after I got out and she didn’t tell me but apperantly I used to see and hear things when I was a toddler and wouldn’t sleep and would scream all the time and was scared of everything pretty much the same and what is going on now. But she said none of the doctors believed her back then either except the one psychiatrist I had and anyway long story short it seems I am going through a repeat with services the same way my mum did when I was little and trying to get help. But it makes me wonder what the hell is up with me like I know I was just born the way I am but idk anyway for now I am just going to spend the day watching some Netflix shows I love and relaxing and tomorrow I will tackle uni. I cannot focus on anything else or I will end up in a bad spot again. Nothing is any better than before but I just have to ignore it all like I was doing before I just need to keep busy. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 , it must feel so infuriating feeling like what you're going through is minimised like that Smiley Sad I'm glad that you're still seeing your private psychiatrist, it sounds like they are a much better fit. Focusing on resting and taking it easy with some Netflix sounds like a really good plan today, what are you watching at the moment? 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

@Eden1717 I know!! I've been prevented from getting services because I could hold a conversation. Even if doing it took all my energy...

It's okay to be mad. Sometimes you've got to after things like that.

That is intresting.. I know that for some people things like that are just really long term.

Does that mean there was a time in between then and now where you didn't get that?

Which Netflix shows are you watching?

Highlighted

@Janine-RO @Tiny_leaf  It is incredibly frustrating but it also makes me mad that it could happen to other people and probably does happen to others and the fact that it was the head doctor of the hospital who is perpetuating such ridiculous ideas. And also I can’t always have a conversation that is half the problem ugh anyway I can’t keep getting angry I won’t let myself waste my energy on someone who clearly isn’t worth it. And @Tiny_leaf  there was a brief period of time where I was ok ish not completely “normal” but functioning enough to manage school from about 5-10 maybe but yeah not long really. As for Netflix I like watching Korean dramas and also avatar the last air bender and a few other things.