cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: “Delusions”

@Eden1717  that sounds really frustrating, am I right in thinking you've had some unhelpful experiences with them in the past? Can you do anything nice for yourself today to take your mind off things a bit?

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO  I have had some incredibly terrible and traumatic experiences with them in the past. I don’t know I keep trying to do things to distract myself but it is hard and it doesn’t always work and I am just feeling really really weird and I am not sure what to do because nothing is getting rid of the weird feelings. 

Highlighted

I'm so sorry to hear that @Eden1717  Smiley Sad That sounds awful, and I'm so sorry that you went through that. 

Earlier in the thread you mentioned that you were going to write a note for your psychologist, do you think it could help giving the same note to the psychiatrist, just in case it's difficult to communicate verbally with them? Thinking of you. It sounds really exhausting, and I know when I've been having big issues with my sleep in the past, it adds an extra layer of weirdness to everything. So I hope you can get some better sleep tonight. 

Highlighted

@Janine-RO  The appointment with the psychiatrist is a phone appointment so I can’t write anything down and it will be completely reliant on me being able to speak. 

I haven’t been able to sleep all week and it isn’t likely to be any better tonight probably worse because I will be too nervous about tomorrow. 

Highlighted

I feel very weird tonight and I am not sure how to explain it. Everything is really intense and I am kind of struggling. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717, I'll have to log off now, but I wanted to double check if you think your able to be safe right now?

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO  Sorry I am ok at the moment well ok maybe isn’t the best word but it will have to do. 

So so I had the phone appointment with the psychiatrist and they said I didn’t have to see the community teams as long as I was happy to keep seeing my private psychiatrist, psychologist and GP which is fine with me because the public team scares me way too much. I am still a little nervous though because they said they would call my psychiatrist and send a letter to my GP and idk that is making me nervous but oh well. At least I avoided the worse option. Today has been intense and with only 2 hours of sleep I am still feeling a little weird. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717  that's so good to hear that you can stay under the care of your current treatment team. My understanding is it's pretty standard for them to have to communicate back to your psychiatrist and GP. What are you up to for the rest of the day today? 

Highlighted

@Janine-RO  I had a super busy day today and I am feeling really tired after not sleeping and basically not even stopping all day. But I don’t feel like I can even sleep right now I feel like there is too much in my mind. I feel really weird about everything at the moment and I am not sure what to do my head feels weird and I just idk I can’t even explain it but there is a lot going on. 

Highlighted

I am really not sure what to do I am trying really hard to keep myself busy and trying to not do things that will land me back in hospital but there is so much going on I am not sleeping and even if I want to sleep I can’t like I can’t shut my head off enough to fall asleep and the I just wake up soon after and I am really trying not to focus on it but I still think there is a device inside me and it is stressing me out and my eating is getting so so bad and my head is a mess and the is so much going on and not being able to even think certain things because of the device is super difficult and I still haven’t been able to see my psychiatrist which is kind of annoying me because why do I have to wait a month after getting out of hospital to see them as if the hospital actually helped when no it didn’t it made things worse again no surprise and I know they are busy but it is like I am being set up to fail and that would make sense because they aren’t really people and of course they want me to end up back there where they can control me better but then how am I meant to fight that ugh this is all such a mess.