cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depressed

I am so depressed. I just don’t want to exist anymore and I have this horrible feeling like something bad is going  happen. I have so much homework and I don’t even study. Also have two jobs and I hate both of them. I need help really bad but I don’t know what to do. I’m so lost and unhappy and it hurts so bad. I’ve been this way for like half of my life and I can’t get better. I don’t know how to fix myself.

Re: Depressed

Hi @Luxz65, welcome to the forums!

Depression can be really difficult to cope with, especially when it's been going on for so long...

You don't have to go through it alone though, and there are lots of places that can help you through it.

May I ask what supports you have in place at the moment?

Also, if you feel like you might hurt yourself, please call or visit Kids HelplineLifeline or Suicide Call Back Service.

@Luxz65 Welcome to ReachOut forums and thank you so much for coming here to tell us how you feel. It sounds like you've been overwhelmed with study and work - this is something that causes depression for a lot of people. Going someplace each day that you hate can really take a toll. It's important to balance out your schedule with activities that restore your energy and make you feel good. What kinds of things do you enjoy doing? 

Also, as you mentioned not wanting to exist anymore, I need to ask if you are safe right now? Your safety is important to us Heart Hope to hear back from you soon. 

Hey @Luxz65 

Just checking in with you because we still haven't heard back from you. Check out our community guidelines here - it goes into why confirming safety is so important to us and why we may need to remove your post at some stage, if we don't hear back from you. 

Hope to hear from you soon Heart 

I'm okay, I just fell asleep. 

Highlighted

Hi Luxz65,

Thanks for responding to let us know that you are okay. We are glad to hear this and that you got some sleep too. Gosh I love a good nap. 

How are you feeling today? Did you happen to reflect on Bre's suggestion of thinking about the types of activities that make you happy? It might even help to write them down so you can see your options and try build that balance in your life again.

Thinking of you.