cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Depression

@ILAUVEDEN 
That sounds like an awful experience - to be with your friends and feeling so lonely. Sounds like you've been having a really hard week, and feeling a bit different to your usual self. The not knowing why you're sad, can make feeling down even more challenging. 
Lots of people experience feelings of being down or depressed, without being able to find a "reason" for it. It's important that you find some ways of looking after yourself or getting support from others when you feel this way. What are some ways you've been coping? Is there someone you can talk to about this? 
How's today going?

@gina-RO

sorry for the late reply, i am feeling better than i did before. I find that sometimes i just need to lie down on my bed, close my eyes and just listen to music. I find that the more i try to stop the feeling of sadness the more intensely i feel it and the best thing to do is accept that this is how i'm feeling at the moment and try to remember that it will pass. Writing down my thoughts also helps, i find myself not being able to concerntrate on whatever i'm doing unless i write my thoughts down even if it is one sentence or a whole paragraph.

As for talking to someone about these feelings i haven't had the courage to tell my family yet, part of the reason is because i'm not sure what this is yet and i don't want them to over react or ask me for reasons as to why i'm feeling this way. Sometimes i feel completely fine and sometimes i don't. It might not be anything but it could also be something. Mental illness is not something that is talked about in an open minded way in my family. I have an uncle who suffers from depression and he is a topic that is avoided at dinner tables, it's still very much a taboo subject.

@ILAUVEDEN I'm sorry to hear that mental health is viewed as a taboo subject in your house! Unfortunately the stigma around mental health continues, but I think this is slowly changing...

You're right that suppressing the feelings or trying to stop them can make them more intense later on. But it sounds like writting and journally about the thoughts is helping, is that right?

You mentioned that you haven't been able to tell your parents, (which is understandable), I wondet if there is anyone else who you could talk to about how you've been feeling? Perhaps a friend, teacher, aunt/uncle.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@_cripplingdepression_  For the past year or so I’ve felt the same way but recently I started talking to another girl in my school who feels the same way i do. Ive tried to reach out to people before but i have always felt that they don’t understand what I’m going through but i think if you need some to help you try to find someone to help you who is going through what you are because they can relate to how you feel and help you out. 

Hey @ILAUVEDEN,

Are you able to get in touch with this uncle? Talking to him about how he deals with his depression may help you deal with your own. Since he is taboo for your family, chances are he may feel isolated and alone as well - you may find solace in the fact that you aren't alone.

I find depression is one of those topics that only people that have experienced it themselves truly understand how awful it feels, so he may be someone worth reaching out to xxx