cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: It feels like everyone is leaving me (Part 2)

Alright, it's decided - we're sticking to our own threads for the time being! Because yes, I 100% understand what you're saying!! 

I honestly have no bloody clue lol I don't have much of a memory so it's always a challenge in itself! We have a test next week too 🙃 So I'm studying now ahaha 

Nice!! What did you have for lunch? I actually had dinner not long ago and am still starving.. how does that even work!? I love that amongst the covid you're just doin your thing hahaha! I'm not sure where you live (obviously) but where I am there hasn't really been any cases so most things are like normal and we wouldn't even know it's happening if it wasn't for the news.. which I'm guilty of not watching because it just puts me in a bad place! The only thing that gives it away to me is the social distancing at uni and everything being online. And not being able to have face to face conversations with my psych 😭 I saw her the other day and it all hit me and I started crying like an idiot 😂 I do hope shit goes back to normal soon!! Idk about you.. but like, I'm allowed to see my GP and be close to her, and I'm allowed to go get a massage. But I'm not allowed to see my psych? I can't work that one out. Like we sit like 1.5m away from eachother as the norm anyway? Plus, I know this might sound dark but like, when you have clients who are on suicide watch wouldn't you think you'd be wanting to see them face to face? Idk. It just does NOT make sense to me at all. I just wish things would go back to normal!!! Especially things like that cause everything else has!!!!! I just don't get it 😔

Highlighted

Wow. That was a rant sorry. It's just changed alot for me with my therapy and I'm not liking it at all. Not sure if you can tell.. 🤣

Highlighted

How are you feeling today @Lost_Space_Explorer5 ? Anything exciting planned? 

I'm thinking of going for a walk this arvo if you feel like joining me? I think I just need to try clear my head! So feel free to make me a list of things to find 😊

Highlighted

I'm getting a hair cut today hehe @MB95 Smiley Tongue

Okay find 3 different types of birds, and something abandoned and take pictures! I'll see if I can do that too today! How are you going otherwise?

I mean I'm allowed to see my psych in person and I was able to see my CM (😭😭😭) at the park. It just depends I think. I know that at the place my old CM works, the psychologists are only doing telehealth but teams designed for high risk people, people experiencing psychosis, etc. do have the option of in person but socially distanced appointments
Highlighted

Aww nice!! I was actually thinking of getting my hair cut too!! Are you happy with the result? 😊

I didn't end up going for a walk sorry.. I had every intention to but I'm still at uni studying lol So maybe over the weekend instead! 

Really!?!? I'm soooo jealous!! I wanna see mine SO BAD. Cause I don't do well when I accidentally run into her. It just completely throws me for the day 🙃 I have actually considered asking her if we can sit outside at uni and do a session lol But idk that is even allowed. They're so strict and it SUCKS. Like I get it but I also don't. 

Highlighted

@MB95  @Lost_Space_Explorer5  yeah i get to see my psych in person but it is socially distanced. idk some of me liked the phones they couldnt tell when you were trying to cover stuff up lol. 

Highlighted

Ahaha yeah true! I've strangely noticed I've started this stupid thing where I hurt myself when I talk about certain things? Like wtf is that about? Idk. I noticed it didn't go away for like a day or two and looked horrible!! So I guess I'm glad it's not face to face for that reason. She'd notice and probably think I'm a freak! 

Highlighted

Sorry for not replying last night I had (and still have a headache) haha 🙃 The haircut turned out good! @MB95. That sounds like a way of easing anxiety, heaps of people do stuff like that so you're not a freak!

Highlighted

Heya @MB95, taken from this article, self-harm is 'most often a way of coping with difficult emotions'. It is different for everyone of course, so you might need to reflect on what you are feeling/thinking at the time. It could be that the topic is hard for you to talk about, makes you feel distressed and so you are trying to ground yourself or find a way to deal with what you are thinking/feeling. Maybe there are particular topics that make you feel this way more than others? I assure you that your psychologist wouldn't think you are a freak, they would be accustomed to seeing/hearing about this type of thing. If I saw you on the street, I wouldn't think that about you either. I know this is just how you are feeling though and hearing that might change nothing. We have a list of coping strategies and distractions here if you wanted to have a look at some alternatives. I feel a little out of the loop - I know you cant see your psych at the moment.. but are you doing online sessions or taking a break?

Just so you know @MB95, I had to edit some details out of your post as that can be a way of self-harming for people. I also edited your comment @Lost_Space_Explorer5to reflect the changes above Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Crap sorry @Taylor-RO I didn't think!