cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: It feels like everyone is leaving me (Part 2)

Hey @Lost_Space_Explorer5 

So sorry you're going through this stress, I really relate to that horrible feeling when shit is just not getting done, it is so bloody hard to find that motivation with uni work - and with everything being online it must be extra tough. I know that @MB95 and @Taylor-RO were encouraging you to use the extension, did you come to a decision on that?

You also said that were decreasing your medication cause of the side effects but you're wondering if maybe that contributed to the dark thoughts you were having, how are you feeling about this today?

(Also no rush to respond to this, I understand you are V busy!!! Sending poz study vibes!) 

Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 I am sorry you are struggling with your uni work dont feel guilty about using the extension it is ok to have needed it. i am sorry i am not much help right now but i can empathise and i hope you are feeling a little less stressed today. 

Highlighted

How are you going with it @Lost_Space_Explorer5 ? Did you end up going for the extension?

Highlighted

Thanks @MB95, @Taylor-RO, @Hannah-RO & @Eden1717 Smiley Happy You all give me so much support <3 So I decided to use the extension. Although.. I took the full dose of meds last night instead of half and needless to say I spent most of the day sleeping... I've done the research part of the assignment now I have to plan the essay and write it. The only problem is I haven't written a psych ESSAY before, only reports with like set out sections (abstract, intro, method, results, discussion) and they are easier to write cause there's a sort of structure to write. Now I have no idea where to start. I've got so many notes and ideas swimming around chaotically with no idea how to put them together. Like do I write it how I would a humanities essay? I suck at those more so than science essays. Ughh. Does anyone have any advice for me Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  that sounds hard, i would go back to the question and try and break that down and then once i was sure i knew exactly what the question was asking for i would make a plan for the essay and what i wanted to say/view i wanted to take but i would try and break it down first and come up with a plan... other than that i have no idea lol. 

Highlighted

I'm so glad to hear you took them up on the extension!!! Awesome work 😊

And even greater work for taking your usual dose of meds - I can totally relate to how tired they can make you but it might be best to try and stick to the usual dose cause sometimes changing it up can make those side effects so much worse cause your brain doesn't quite know what's going on? Idk. 

Hmmm... as for the structure of the essay.. I googled some stuff but don't wanna send you the wrong stuff! Did they give you a task sheet? I'm not entirely sure who on here studies psychology but from memory I think @TOM-RO does? So he may possibly be able to lend a hand? I just don't wanna tell you the wrong format 😂

Highlighted

Thanks @Eden1717 & @MB95

I found something I've never seen before called a 'synthesis grid' so I summarised my notes and filled in all the gaps in a nice table for 3 hours straight.... And I have a plan for my essay now so finally I should be able to start the writing soon. Does anyone get the feeling I'm avoiding actually STARTING writing the essay lol

Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  good job on getting one step further in doing your essay. good luck on starting the next part i am sure you can do it. 

Highlighted

Ahahaha good old procrastination! 😂

But it sounds as though it's been a very beneficial procrastination tool which is awesome!!! Do you think you'll be able to get a start on it today? Just set yourself small goals though so it's not too overwhelming! Ever since my back up psych suggested that it's made uni so much manageable.. also accepting extensions lol But like rather than my goal being to work on my assignment it might be 'to write my introduction' etc.. idk. Find it helps me and I don't procrastinate as much cause I realise I only have to write a small part? Of course this only works when I get in early and don't allow myself to become too overwhealmed by starting the night before 🙃 So maybe give it a try for this week and see if it makes it any less daunting to complete? Idk. If you try it or have other strategies you use I'd love to hear how it goes/what they are! 

YOU CAN DO ITTTT 💪

Highlighted

Yeah I'm gonna try setting myself a number of words I want to get done today. Should we say 500? Sometimes I can't write sentences properly so i just do bullet points and write it fully when i'm in a better headspace haha so I mean 500 APA formatted words Smiley Tongue

I saw my psych again today after 2 weeks and the disaster that was last appointment. I think the session went well today, although I was like shaking by the end of it hahaha. I managed to write down for her what my intrusive thoughts are so it was a bit of a breakthrough but also (metaphorical) alarm bells were going off haha and I was well shaken up