cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: It feels like everyone is leaving me (Part 2)

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  Oh no that is awful I am so sorry about that, do you want to talk about it? You don’t have to but we are here if you need someone to listen. But I am really sorry it is horrible when that happens.

She just spent the whole time talking about where to from here with therapy and I didn't get to talk about everything that has been going on and it felt like everything was my fault and I was having flashbacks to times where people have spoken to me in that way and I just shut down and started crying and it's my fault for ever giving feedback because we spent the whole session addressing that and I can't do this anymore what's the actual point

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  That is hard I hate when we don’t get to talk about what we need in therapy and the session feels like it isn’t really for you but more about what the psych wants. You shouldn’t be talked to in a negative way because you gave feedback that isn’t ok and I am sorry if that happened, idk the psych I had before this one just didn’t click with me and I wonder maybe if you aren’t clicking well with your psych do you think it is worth looking for a new one? Sometimes it can take time to find a good one but it can be helpful when you do. Idk just a thought. 

I had a psych before this I didn't click with I think it's just me. I trusted my current psych, she didn't even say anything mean it's me, I can't be freaking fixed. I just want out. I don't know who I'm staying around for Smiley Sad (am safe)

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  I saw 3 other psychs before finding the one I have now and I didn’t click with a whole bunch of them it doesn’t mean it is something wrong with you and you can trust someone but that still doesn’t mean they are the right fit for you. Sometimes it just takes a while to find that right person as frustrating as that can be. 

I've done so much work with this psych. I don't want to start over. It took me so long to get to a place of trust. I'm just gonna quit therapy all together I think

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  I can understand that but maybe think about it for a few days before you decide and give some of the intense emotions time to subside a little. I mean I guess you can always go back to therapy again later if you need too, I just think maybe quitting while you are feeling bad already might make things more difficult that being said sometimes a break from therapy can be helpful. 

It's too late Smiley Sad I already emailed reception and told them to cancel my next appointment and that I wasn't coming back. So I don't have a choice now

🤦‍♀️ okay... I just realised I went into the whole woe is me thing and made things a lot worse than they had to be. Like if I had just spoken up Smiley Frustrated

Okay I will sort that therapy stuff out later right now I should focus on exams

Hey @Lost_Space_Explorer5 , I'm so sorry to hear that things ended up badly with your psychologist today, I'm hearing that it was really triggering and upsetting for you Smiley Sad I'm sure that it wouldn't be unusual for someone to email wanting to cancel sessions but change their mind- honestly I think it probably goes with the territory.  I think @Eden1717 's suggestion to see how you feel once things have settled down a bit is  a really good one - or at least something to think about, there's no rush.

Thanks for confirming that you're safe, but I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling like you can't be fixed Smiley Sad That's a really shitty feeling to have to sit with- I think there's a lot of people here who can relate to that. You matter a lot to us Heart 

Sending you many, many good vibes for your exams! Are they both today? 

Check out our community activities calendar here