cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: It feels like everyone is leaving me (Part 2)

@Lost_Space_Explorer5   aww I love how much a friendly dog can make your day! I met my friend's tiny new puppy last weekend and it fell asleep on my lap, and I honestly almost teared up it was so lovely!  

I have to say I love how you can laugh about that - am I right in seeing a bit of a dark sense of humour? Such an important thing to have I reckon! How did seeing your psych go today? It's great that you were able to share some of your journal with them. 

Check out our community activities calendar here

Aww doggos!! I cannot wait to go home and see mine!! 😍 A week today and I get to see mine, sooo excited! I'm glad you got to not only volunteer, but also chill out with a pup! That would have made my day too!! I'm like you @Janine-RO - I get a bit teary with them sometimes.. idk, I just feel like they look right into your soul when they look at you and they know when you need them and things are not okay. 

I also love your dark sense of humour @Lost_Space_Explorer5 lol Did your psych laugh with you? Idk about you but they are always my favourite sessions, when my psych and I are able to both laugh at the same thing! Sometimes she's laughing at me rather than with me but then that makes me laugh cause we end up laughing at how stupid some of my thoughts and feelings are lol I'm curious too.. how did the session go today? Are you feeling a little more yourself and maybe comforted after it? 

I think that's awesome you can read from your journal! You've got guts girl! The thought of that just terrifies me ahahaha 

Hope today is feeling a little easier ❤

Today started off well... But I keep being overly energetic and playing pranks (maybe I am watching too much of the office....) and being too loud, and now mum is mad at me and my friend thinks I'm acting strange too so I'm not sure if that's the medication or just me being really anxious and insecure. But now I feel like a burden again Smiley Sad

Not to worry it will take more than that to knock me down again!

@Janine-ROawhh that's so cute you teared up Heart I definitely do seem to have a dark sense of humour. It gets me into trouble sometimes. I'll just start laughing at inappropriate times. Like when I was telling my psych TW(?) how my uncle died I was laughing and apologising saying it wasn't funny

ugh

It helps me through sometimes I guess. My appointment went better than last week I'm starting to believe she might genuinely want to help me.

There was a dog at therapy too today lol so many dogs. I don't totally understand dogs haha they kind of spook me but I like them. Cats are my spirit animal though Cat Happy

I literally don't know what I'd do without having the forums here to vent about stuff

hm

@MB95Awhh I'm excited for you to see your dog! What kind is it? Dogs are very sweet but can be very intense with the love sometimes. I got tackled by the dog where my psych works. Although that was very sweet. I was VERY attached to this dog that used to be where my old CM worked. He stared into my soul Smiley Happy Yeah I think we both laughed haha. Oh we spent about 10 minutes just discussing whether I would read from my journal and I just stared into space for a bit then read some

I just hate that I'm acting a bit erratic at the moment. I need to be in control of my emotionss

Okay that is SO COOL there was a dog at your psychs office!! WHAT!? I wish mine could do that lol They are so theraputic! 

I'm glad to hear you feel like your psych is genuinely trying to help! How did you feel reading out some of your journal? I feel like maybe that was a step forward in trusting her do you think? I hope she was able to help you through some of what you read out cause I can't imagine it would have been too easy! Goodonya for doing that!! 

It sounds like there's quite a bit going on for you atm with good old emotions! I'm glad to hear you're trying not to let it bring you down again. Do you think maybe after talking openly and honestly with your psych you feel kinda on top of the world? Idk. I sometimes find that.. like if it's been a good session and I've felt safe and heard then I feel super energetic and pumped afterwards and then start to crash after a few hours or a day. It's hard to put into words but I'm wondering if you're maybe experiencing a similar thing? Like your psych made you feel happy and realise things which helped ease some of the burden you've been carrying? Idk, I'm probably way off sorry. The meds might also be knocking you round a bit if you've just started a new one? Is there anything you could maybe put all of this extra energy into? 

Yeah, the dog isn't there every time though haha. And yeah I don't know I just thought it would be mean of me to insist that she wasn't trying to help. I don't know but imagining someone not trusting me what make me feel sad. I don't know I'm really talkative today I hate it. And sort of stopping mid sentence because I realise I'm talking too much. And I don't think so I wasn't feeling 'happy' after my session, I was kind of just okay? I wasn't feeling happy I just feel like I have no idea how to act and keep acting wrong. It's hard because I always have to pretend to be me I don't know if that makes sense. I don't know. I don't even have extra energy. I'm just really overwhelmed and stressed and trying to act happy and am being way too cheeky and spontaneous because I'm just nervous for no reason. I don't think that makes sense. Ugh

I just feel talkative but it's really tiring me. Maybe it's the meds. I could always stop taking them. The psychiatrist just said to try them out and see what happens if I didn't like them I could go off them. I think acting a bit random is better than feeling unsafe though. Idk

Heya @Lost_Space_Explorer5 , how are you feeling this morning? I definitely agree that acting a bit random is better than feeling unsafe, it can definitely take a little while for your body to adjust to taking new meds too. Did your psychiatrist give you any idea of what side affects are common, and how long it might take for you to adjust to them? I like @MB95 's idea of getting out some excess energy if you can- is there anything you've found helpful when you're feeling a bit on edge in the past? I know I'm a huge fan of a super long walk with a good podcast or audio book when I need a re-set. 

Another v important question - are you watching the UK Office or the US Office? I was a huge fan of the UK one so I never really got into the US one but watched some over lockdown and realised how much I'd been missing out. So good! 

Check out our community activities calendar here

@Janine-RO I'm feeling okay, how are you? She just said to watch out for any bad reactions really. I don't know what I could do, I guess I could go for a walk or something. Haha that is definitely another v. important question, it's the US version, I haven't seen the UK version, what's it like?

Going for a walk sounds like a good idea, as long as its not too hot where you are @Lost_Space_Explorer5  Smiley Tongue. I have seen lots of the US office and love it, and have only seen a bit of the UK version and was left feeling a bit unsure. Personally, I can't rewatch the same show or even read a book when I have seen the movie of the book as it ruins it for me! I'm probably just a weirdo though haha. How has your day been so far?

Hey @Lost_Space_Explorer5 👋

Did you end up going for a walk today?

Also.. what are you up to now that uni has finished for the year? Any plans? 

I haven't seen the whole series from start to finish so that's why I'm rewatching it this time haha @Sophia-RO. Although rereading or rewatching something is always something I've always done- maybe I'm the weirdo! Smiley Embarassed (nah there are no weirdos here). My day has been okayish. Nothing much to report other than me feeling like I don't fit in in my family or the outside world

Hey @MB95, I did go for a walk, on the way to a social group thing and back. I'm applying for casual jobs but they're pretty scarce so I don't think I will get one. So no plans really. How have you been going?