cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Everything (family, anxiety, stress etc)

Hey @litgym how are you feeling at the moment? Listen, I know what its like to deal with depression and anxiety on a daily basis. I have never experienced the level of abuse you're experiencing though, so I can't really even begin to try to relate to how you feel at the moment. Sometimes I hate the fact that I'm depressed because I know that so many people have much better reasons to be depressed than I do. How are you though?
Highlighted

Hey @Zeldasmile,

I’m doing okay. I just hate it because at my school everyone makes fun of depression and suicide and they know they shouldn’t joke about it. All the “popular” girls like pretendeding they’re depressed and have to take so much meds. It’s really annoying because they don’t know who they could be hurting by that.

anyways thank you !

Highlighted

Hey @litgym that is not okay, suicide and depression is absolutely not a joke. It is no different to making fun of someone for a broken arm or leg. You are right they are unaware as to the weight of their actions. Who have you got to confide in at school? It's important you have some ongoing support around that behaviour, we are definitely here to chat about it too, mental illness is very real and we respect your journey. Heart

Highlighted

hey @Bree-RO,

exactly suicide and depression is not to be joked about and it hurts me so much that people think it’s fine to do that.

Today my anxiety was getting really bad and I almost had a panic attack because we had to do debating but in French. I told my teacher I couldn’t do it, she let me not do it but she was kinda annoyed. I left the room and had a breakdown. Sometimes you’ve been strong for too long Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Hey @litgym, sorry to hear things are hard at the moment. It is nice that your teacher let you skip the debate, it sounds like that was what you needed in that situation. Did you feel any better after breaking down? Sometimes it is nice to let it all out, in my experience anyway! How have you been managing when you find that your anxiety or depression is getting too much? Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @Taylor-RO,

it usually feels good after a break down but I saw my ‘Head of Year’ outside my classroom I tried my best stopping myself because I didn’t feel like talking about it with someone who doesn’t know me that well and has no idea what’s going.

My consuellor has given me some tips to deal with my anxiety which kind of works. I don’t really know what I do because I don’t have anyone to talk to when I’m home. These annoymous messages have really helped though and I’m so happy I’ve discovered reachout Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@litgymI'm glad to hear that you've got some tips from your counsellor which work Smiley Happy
I'm also glad that talking on RO has helped too! Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@litgym ReachOut helps me too. I try not to breakdown at school but I get close sometimes. Yesterday it was getting pretty bad so I just kind if ran off to the library because one of my friends was being a bit rude and condescending. I know what its like to have nobody to talk to at home and that's one of the reasons I come one here. Heart You're not alone.
Highlighted

hey @Zeldasmile that’s so good reach out has helped you ! I’m sorry about your friends being rude, nobody deserves that Smiley Sad 

Highlighted

Hi @litgym
Just wanted to check in on you and see how you were feeling today?
Here for you Heart