cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Everything (family, anxiety, stress etc)

Hi @missep

I’m okay I guess. My teacher noticed I was upset yesterday so I’m talking to her at lunch tomorrow and I’m seeing the consuellor tomorrow too! I had a really horrible day on Sunday because I was at a party on Friday and Saturday and then slept over at my friends house. Then on Sunday I went shopping. I guess because I was really tired I was very irritable but my Mum kept having go’s at me for no reason. I swear whatever I do, it’s always wrong. I honestly can’t take much more anymore.

I’m also quite annoyed because today my English teacher said to me “have you seen the consuellor yet?” (I need the consuellor to tell how bad my anxiety is so my English teacher can make my assessment at the right level for me.) and my friend was sitting right next to me and she heard but she hasn’t mentioned anything to me. I don’t want any of my friends to know and I’m quite annoyed she knows because I know she’ll say to my other friend “do you know *name* sees the consuellor?” Ergh it’s just soo annoying and sorry for the little rant.

Thank you for caring Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @litgym. I hope you don't mind me jumping into the conversation here, but I just wanted to offer you some extra support Smiley Happy

Hmm... although your teacher probably had good intentions, it wasn't the most ethical thing for them to do to ask you about the counsellor in front of your friend. I'm sorry to hear that happened.

I hope that seeing the counsellor tomorrow and speaking to the teacher at lunch is helpful. What could you do in the meantime to take care of yourself, do you think?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

hi @letitgo,

don’t worry about joining the conversation it feels good to know I have more support Smiley Happy Tonight I’m taking care of myself by having a hot shower and I’m going to read my book soon. I’ll also try and not stress and just relax Smiley Happy Hopefully tomorrow goes well I just kind of feel bad for putting my burdens on my teacher when it is her birthday tomorrow but then again she was the one that said come Wednesday lunch.

Highlighted

Hi @litgym,
Sorry for my late reply! I would be frustrated if my teacher said that in front of my friend but I guess she might have thought it was a safe space. How are you feeling about it all now? How was seeing your teacher?
Highlighted

Hi @missep,

it felt really good talking to my teacher, it was about time to get lots of stuff of my chest and just talk about it. She gave me a lot of advice which I appreciate and she said that I made her birthday even better Smiley Happy my science teacher reached out to me and said if I ever want to talk to her I can. Which I think I’m going to this week because I just want to tell someone my whole story just get everything off my chest, you know. I have big trust issues but I feel like I’m safe with teachers I love. My teachers are basically my family they treat me with respect and warmth which I don’t receive from my family Smiley Sad  I did my music assessment on Wednesday which I almost had an anxiety attack, thankfully I made it through and it felt good to accomplish something. 

I feel really left out at the moment from my “friends”. I swear I only have 1 true friend at my school, the rest are fake friends. It’s like I don’t even exist Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Hey there @litgym You were born with so much value and worth, you clearly are so incredibly intelligent. Sometimes we just don't have the right mentors (parents) and have to turn elsewhere. You can create your own family, through friends and teachers and mentors - sounds like you have already begun this process and will continue to as you grow. I am sorry about your mates, what do you think is going on there? I tend to find most people only have one or two true friends we can trust. Trust is such a valuable thing, it's good not to give it away to everyone straight up. How are you feeling now? Heart

Highlighted

Hey @litgym I agree with Bree it is definitely possible to make your own family with different people, I have done it
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Hi @Bree-RO,

There is one teacher who I think of as my Mum and I look up to her a lot. She was a refugee and when she was in a country she was bullied because of accent ( her country and then the country she was in speak the same language but with different accents) which made her really upset. When she came to Australia she was bullied in year 11 and 12 because she couldn’t speak English. So as well as losing her home she was also bullied. I look up to her so much because you can see how far she has come and I think that is amazing.

I thought I could trust one of my good friends but I can’t and she was even complaining that I don’t tell her everything. So I decided to open up a bit more but now she just broke my trust with her Smiley Sad  I have two good friends out of school. One of them I tell everything and the other I don’t. I also have one good friend in school but I’m still opening up. It’s just hard because I want to talk to someone so bad but I can’t. Whenever someone sees me with a teacher they always get up all in my business or kinda make fun of me for hanging out with a teacher one lunch or something. (Sorry for my horrible grammar, English is one of my worst subjects)

Highlighted

Your grammar is fine Smiley Happy @litgym well I am very glad you have such a good connection with this Teacher she sounds like a total inspiration! As for your friends, it is a really challenging thing in life when friends break our trust. Sometimes it is okay to stay friends with them, but only engage with the qualities you like. You can still use your friends out of school for support through personal stuff. It sounds like your mate at school isn't respecting your boundaries around privacy. It's okay to feel the way you do, I would too. Please know you're not alone, and it's okay to say no if you don't want to share. Heart

Highlighted

Thank you a lot for the support and advice Heart @Bree-RO Reach Out has definitely changed my attitude in my life and I’m so happy I joined Smiley Very Happy