cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything has turned around-and for the better!

Hey guys!

It has been aggggesssss since my last post. But I'm really glad to announce that I have overcome..well everything!

I finished up my last session with my psychologist at headspace yesterday and do not need to go back as of yet.

Apart from that session yesterday I have had no support or anyone to talk to for over 2 months and I have been coping fine.

I have stopped self harming for about 3 months now; I haven't purged or starved myself for about that as well; maybe a bit longer. I am really proud of how well I'm doing actually...

Anyway; thanks to everyone here at Reach Out for helping me through such difficult times; you guys are awesome!

I now hope to help other people get through their tough times by taking the experience from getting through my own.

Thanks again!!
Pillow :-)

Re: Everything has turned around-and for the better!

Yes, @Pillow high five! It's super awesome to hear you're doing well and thank you for coming back and keeping us updated!

What has helped you the most over the last few months? Would love to hear what worked for you!

Highlighted

Thank you!

I think what really helped me was realising that I can't keep doing this to myself. It's not good for my health and I found it so hard to try and hide my scars all the time.

But a few strategies I used where writing a diary and keeping track of everything; having someone to talk to; even a friend to keep myself distracted. But the one thing that helped me so much was venting. On RO, to a friend or family member, a counsellor or even yelling into my pillow or writing it all down. Letting it out makes it so much easier and you feel amazing afterwards. Well at least better than before anyway! :-)

GO @Pillow ! So wonderful to hear that you've pulled through everything and are coping so well Smiley Very Happy

Hey @Pillow ,

Wow! That sounds really, really good! I'm sure it's taken a lot of hard work to get here so a big high five and well done from me. 

I definitely agree that sometimes you just need to get those thoughts out of your head! Sometimes for me getting up and jumping around is enough to do it.

Feel free to keep posting, I'm sure lots of people would love to hear how things help you. And remember ReachOut is always here, in good and bad times Smiley Happy

We don't always get to hear how things work out for our members. SO it's really lovely that you let us know how things have been for you lately. You should be so proud of yourself!!! We look forward to having you around to help others!!!! Smiley Happy

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

That is amazing @Pillow I'm glad you got the help you needed from both RO and other places in order to feel this amazing about yourself. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, you are a true example how you can overcome anything life throughs your way. Hope to see you around RO sharing your amazing story with others in need Smiley Happy 

@Pillow 

Well Done Smiley Happy

What an amazing thing to hear, and thanks for posting about it!! 

That's awesome Pillow! Smiley Happy

Thanks!! Means a lot! Smiley Happy