cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Everything in my life has turned to shit

@Maddy-RO  I’ve jumped on the supermarket websites and applied, also gone home on to Centrelink and applied and done anything I can on there to make sure I get the right payments and the most money I’m entitled to, when it does finally happen. I’m holding on to some hope that I can reopen at some stage, sometime in the future, I put a lot of effort, energy, time, money from starting my apprenticeship, becoming fully qualified and opening up my services to the community, one day we may reopen Smiley Sad Everything I’ve  wanted, just gone, my goal for the last 6 years, gone. 
Things are going really well between us our house is busy, tonight we’ve just been hanging out, the little one thinks bedtime is just some giant game and it’s hard not to laugh at it. Peacefully asleep in bed now though. 
We walked for about 2, 2 and a half hours, that’s including a stop at the footy oval for a run around, then walked along the track nearby our house, then kept walking when the trail finished, through some nearby streets which joined onto another trail, so we followed that and then wandered home again, all places we’ve been before but never done it all in one go 

Highlighted

And then I don’t know what to do because I have an appointment at the hospital this week and that’s the last place I want to visit right now 

Highlighted

It is really great that you have been proactive about everything @Saltwaterdreamtime. It really sucks to be in this position but I wish you luck with the job applications. I hope that the system has really improved and will pull through for everyone needing financial support right now. I also hope that you can reopen in the future as well! We all know how hard you have worked for and it would be a shame for a local business to have to close forever. With all this mayhem going on, it is nice that you got out for a walk to enjoy some time with your family. The whole situation sounds so draining, so even finding a small positive can give us a little more energy to keep moving forward.

I can understand your apprehension about attending the hospital. Given it is exceptional circumstances at the moment, you could ask whether there are other options available like via telephone or video Smiley Happy I hope they can figure out something for you.

Highlighted

@Taylor-RO I hope this is all over soon, I’m really over it. I’m over not being able to visit the people I love. 
I’m really sick of it and it isn’t fair. 
Not knowing is really scary. 
We went on another big walk today which was nice.

I have been waiting a few months for this appointment so I don’t want to cancel it. 
It can’t be done on the phone either so I will have to go to it

Highlighted

@Saltwaterdreamtime I can see that you're really struggling with the uncertainty about what lies ahead. It's definitely not fair after all the work you have put in over many years to build your relationships and your career. I've witnessed your growth over a few years now, and have confidence that all the skills and experience that you have gained will help you get through this extremely difficult time. I really admire that you can see some small positives in this time, such as your big walk today. Heart

It sounds like you are being as proactive as you can be under the circumstances, applying for jobs and getting out of the house. Good luck with your applications! I hope your appointment at the hospital goes well mate.

Whatever happens on this journey, we'll be with you all the way. Heart

Highlighted

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime ,

You're right, it really sucks being unable to visit the ones we love.  I just remind myself that it's for the greater good and the more disciplined we are now, the sooner we can eventually start to go back to our lives.  I will certainly appreciate the little things more than I did previously.

I'm glad you went for a walk, even something like that makes a positive difference eh Heartstay strong stronger together GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Highlighted

I just want to know how long this will go on for, will it be 3 months, will it be 6 months, maybe 2 more weeks before I can see my mentors and family? Obviously I wouldn’t do it and put a baby at risk but there’s a 6 week old baby in my mentors family and I’m not even going to get to see her! And probably won’t for a long time!!!  I just want a rough idea but they can’t even give us that!!! 

Highlighted

Also who are you
Highlighted

Not really for the greater good when none of this should of happened to begin with but ok what benefit will this bring to me? I don’t have a job anymore!! That sounds beneficial.....

Highlighted

@Saltwaterdreamtime Sending you lots and lots of hugs

This whole situation doesn't make much sense, and I too am struggling to understand why it's happening and how it's going to affect all of us. It's a very heavy burden that you're carrying, but please know that you don't have to carry it alone. Heart