cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Everything triggers me

Okay sorry, I AM trying. I triggered myself at uni because I just get triggered.

How come others are allowed to say they're going to do x? or worse? and you don't edit it? I may have stumbled across some posts like that today @Ben-RO. Also the other word you edited I've seen that mentioned in the past and it wasn't edited. So do you generally like to pick on me? Sorry you'll probably edit this too which I understand

Ps, I'm not using SCBS anymore because I thought I had some management plan with them about how they speak to me; but they still address things all wrong with me and when I've tried to bring it up with them that what they're suggesting doesn't help, they don't listen. I don't know who the contact person is there anymore. And I can hardly get through to a female counsellor and when I do, it's someone who tells me all the wrong things Smiley Sad

Highlighted

And another thing I wanted to say. I made a list of things to ask, but I'm guessing I'm never going to get to ask them. I think I'm used to people making decisions on me without consulting me now. But I was hoping I could finally have a say in things. Well obviously this isn't going to happen with RO @Ben-RO. At least kids helpline are now going to though - they're organising a meeting with my case manager that I get to listen in on.
Highlighted

It's something we need to change in the community. I don't think "do x" is okay although it was good that you talked about it with an awesome solution right next to it that you were using to stop yourself from self-harming.

I don't think do x is okay for other people to say and i want to change that with everyone. But it's going to take some time to slowly talk through that with everyone. But yeah if you see "do x" report it so i can check in about it with the person.

If i have missed the word i edited out of this thread in other threads then it needs to be edited, it's a breach. But also remember not to go looking for it if it's in a section of the site that has a history of being triggering for you. Because well it's not a good place to be and perhaps not in the interests of the skills we have talked about praciticing and the places you should go for extra help in a tough time.

If you're not sure what's happening with SCBS, you could get your case manager to help check in about the agreement?

Highlighted

If you have a list of things to say, you could put it into the feedback and suggestions part of the forums, if it's a bit too personal for there or there's more to say I'll ask my boss about what we can do to talk about the more personal stuff.

Highlighted

And i can see you're working really hard on this stuff, and i know it aint easy, so you should be pretty proud of yourself for how hard you're working and how far you have come @loves netball.

I think it might also be good to ask those questions in the feedback and suggesitons part of the forums because I think that if you're thinking it, you're not gonna be alone in those thoughts. So it would be good to get it out there so we can all work together to think about what to do.

Annnnd we're making a thread pretty soon to talk about how we use tought times threads and a particularl thread, which shall not be named because i know it can be tough sometimes to hear its name, which is fair enough.

Highlighted

@Ben-RO I don't think I can bring it up with my case manager. You haven't seen the long list I've made for this week's appointment and there is something on that list that I will never ever mention on RO! Smiley Surprised

Well you can check the posts yourself, because the last time I reported something that I felt inappropriate/ hurtful no one would remove it and I haven't checked recently, but I think that post is still there. And in the complaint I made, I have asked for it to be removed.

But now I know not to use x instead of saying something harmful I won't anymore, and I also won't say that other word. I only used those things because I'd seen them used before.

Highlighted

Well one of those questions was private I had, but anyway here you go @Ben-RO:

what have you told my case manager as the reason why I should be using RO instead of getting me to leave?

Highlighted

You're not a lost cause @loves netball. Remember what your KHL counsellor said, that in fact you're a very empowering person Smiley Happy I hope you're doing okay tonight. Sending hugs. Heart

Highlighted

I'm really struggling with some negative thoughts though @DruidChild. But I don't want to self harm so that's a positive Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Yay that's a great positive @loves netball, I'm glad to hear that you don't want to self harm Smiley Happy Do you feel like trying to reframe your negative thoughts right now? (If you're not up for a conversation right now though, it's all good, I get it).