cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Exhausted and losing hope (TW)

@scared01 no...

I've felt like this for a while but it's still the first time I've felt it. Nothing seems to help.. 

Highlighted

Hi @Tiny_leaf! I'm sorry that you're going through so much pain and hopelessness. Smiley Sad I can understand the struggle of having so much to do to improve your life and then barely having enough energy to follow through on your plans or even know where to start.

Have you looked at any apps or online tools that can help you with problem solving? I think that there are some on the ReachOut website that can help you break down thoughts and tasks into more manageable chunks, such as Tide and Good Habit Maker. Make sure to reward yourself for doing each small step. I also find keeping a diary or to-do list really helpful. I dedicate particular times to write in a planner and organise what I have to do for the week.

It's also important to not be too hard on yourself and schedule time for self-care and hobbies. People usually find that they are most productive and alert in the morning, so it could be an idea to schedule time to do productive work then. It's also a good idea to schedule breaks from doing the tasks. I used to schedule a few hours after school to relax and do my own thing before starting on my homework because I found that it was really hard for me to start any tasks just after having a long day.

Although I didn't find this helpful for me personally, I know that some people like to develop plans for the kinds of things they would like to achieve and where they would like to be in years to come. It can give them something to look forward to and be optimistic about. I have also heard of some people downloading 'countdown'-style apps to help them get excited about future events. Those events could be things like concerts, meeting up with friends, movies, holidays, birthdays, the release of a video game, etc. I don't know about you, but this might be helpful because I find that I get burnt out when I feel as though I'm just doing the same boring tasks over and over again and can't do things that I really want to do.

What do you think of these suggestions? I have also been taught a lot of tips for achieving better sleep if that's something that you want to tackle too.

Hi @WheresMySquishy!

That might be useful... do you know of any links to the organize-y things?

Hi @Tiny_leaf!

Here are some links to some habit and goal tracking apps that might be helpful.
Tide
Good Habit Maker
A lot of other similar habit tracking apps
Goal Setter
Spire
HabitBull (I think this one also has a calendar)
Proof!

Countdown apps:
Countdown!!
Countdown Widget for Android
A bunch of other countdown apps for iOS users

Calendar and to-do list apps:
I think these are really cool. I use one of them myself.
Apps that are more focused on to-do lists

I saw this goal-setting book at a stationary shop but you could also just copy out the plan and make your own: 10 Year Plan Book
Here is another example of things to include if you want to make this kind of plan for yourself, although some of the things are more for older people: Five year plan example

I like to look at reviews and screenshots of apps and make a list of features that I want to see before I download them.

I'm sure there are a lot more resources that I can't remember right now, but I'll have a think.

@WheresMySquishy thank you so much!!

@Tiny_leaf  You're welcome! I really love these kinds of resources. I was just thinking of making a new thread in the 'Everyday Life Stuff' section sharing them and some others I've found. What do you think?

@WheresMySquishy that's a great idea!! Could you tag me when you make it?

@Tiny_leaf  Sure! I have to go to sleep soon but I'll probably be able to start it later today. If not, then later in the week.

@WheresMySquishy @scared01 @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

Okay, so I still have a lot to do. But I now have a lot to do in a color coded list!! 

And a plan to teach myself better ways of coping than pushing myself to work harder...