cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exhausted and losing hope (TW)

For a while, it felt like my life was a positive thing overall, because even though every single day of it is awful, I was hopeful for my future and determined to work at it until I got somewhere, until I'd either reversed all of the damage that had been done to me or I'd learnt to live comfortably with it. 

I have so many plans to help myself, so many things that could change my life.

I have so much to do; too much to do.

I know that I'm burning myself out, and I know I need to rest. But the closest thing I have to happiness is the hope that some day, somehow, I'll have a life that I truly want to live.

The only way I can cope with the present is to throw myself wholeheartedly into a future I may never have. 

I'm running out of energy, motivation and sleep. I'm badly overworking myself, my body aches and my head hurts but I can't stop.

I don't know what to do. 

Re: Exhausted and losing hope (TW)

hey @Tiny_leaf
it sounds like your struggling with lots of stonrg emotions tonight. it can be so exhausting trying to take steps forward when we feel really hopeless.
do you think theres a chance the amount of pressure you put onto yourself and the list of things to help yourself has made you more overhwhelmed then usual?

sometimes we have these big plans and thats great but sometimes it becomes to overwhelming and we just need to put things to the side and focus on the here and now and step back from some of our roles and repsonsibilities.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @Tiny_leaf...
I'm sorry I can't help you much rn, but I'll try my best this evening.

You're definitely not alone in this situation...
Can I suggest that you maybe try some self-care tonight?
Even if it doesn't help much, maybe it could help bring down the stress levels?
I'm sorry if I'm not much help, I'm also in a bad headspace, and trying to do many things at once.

@scared01 the problem with focusing on the here and now is that it makes me feel worse. There's nothing in it for me other than pain and depression and tiredness. 

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx. I know that you've got a lot going on at the moment, there's no pressure to help if it's too much. 

i see @Tiny_leaf that sounds really hard to have to manage
have you considered breaking your plans down into steps? it might make the list seem longer but more manageable steps.
for example
-Work on mental health- this can be broken down into steps like
---- research for a good local gp
-------make an appointment to see that gp
-------------attend the appointment and talk about your mental health
--------------once you have a care plan arrange to see the psychologist (some people research before going to the gp so they have a psychologist in mind)
---------------------In the meantime utilise kidshelpline, headspace etc for supports

oops sorry i posted before i finished

seeing it in more mangeable steps may make it less overwhelming and you can tick off your list as you go.
this of course is an example and could be used for another things as well

Thanks @Tiny_leaf.
I'm still here to listen tho.

@scared01 that's a good idea, except that this is after I've broken it down into steps.... like, I have a few main goals and each have small steps and honestly at the moment each step has been broken into steps.

The end goal seems so far away and I'm struggling with even tiny steps...

has anything helped you when youve felt like this before? @Tiny_leaf