cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Exhausted and losing hope (TW)

thats awesome @Tiny_leaf colour coded sounds like a good way to plan things and to cope rather than push yourself more. well done
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

hey @Tiny_leaf , just wanted to check in and see how you are doing today?

@scared01 thanks Smiley Happy

@blobby thanks for checking in. I'm doing better than I have been for a little while, and I've downloaded a few programs that are meant to help with organizing stuff. They seem to be working well, which is good since I'm normally pretty resistant to any form of organization... 

How about you? 

Hey @Tiny_leaf, I'm glad you've been feeling a bit better today than you have previously. It can be so tough to experience negative feelings and emotions, day in, day out. 

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I am coming out of a 6 month long bout of melancholic depression, so here are a few of the things that helped me: 

1. Organisation - it is fantastic that you have managed to find some organisation programs that work for you. When I was at my worst, I made a check-list of non-negotiable tasks I had to complete every day - shower before midday, eat 3 meals, go outside at least once, etc. 
  2. Distraction - I can completely understand what you mean about struggling to stay in the here and now, because when the here and now is painful and full of discomfort, it doesn't really hope. What I did was found a bunch of distractions to get me through each day. I wasn't focused on my current pain, nor my uncertain future, I was merely focused on the task I was doing. For me, this included playing piano, playing games on my phone, listening to podcasts, studying. For you, it might be different things, but do you think it could be helpful to find activities that make each day bearable? They may not bring you joy, but as long as they consume your head for a while, they can really help.
  3. Keep talking - reach out to us and your family and friends as often as you feel able. You have such a great community around you, and I am always here for a chat if you need to express your feelings. My Mum tells me that shame and suffering grows in silence, so keep connecting, even when it feels hard. 

Sending you all my love and good vibes. You can do this. I know how it feels to be where you are right now, but I also like to think that my experience of overcoming those feelings of despair will prove that it can be done and will stoke the fire of hope within you. 

@Tiny_leaf  I made the thread! Here it is! I hope we can get some more ideas and inspiration. Smiley Happy

I'm glad the programs are helping you!

@Tiny_leaf not too bad, just trying to get through the term. I'm tired and
I've got a musical coming up, so that's exciting.
Maybe thinking of starting up a musical fans thread. What do you think?

@blobby that sounds good! Maybe tag myspacek, I know that they really like musicals. 

hey @Tiny_leaf hope your going ok today?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I love musicals too! I'm already in one...
That sounds like a great idea!

I agree with @scared1. How are you today @Tiny_leaf?

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx @scared01 I'm not great honestly... I'm tired, sore and my depression's acting up.