cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Exhaustion

@Maddy-RO it wasn't triggering exactly.

I just think that a condition I have which is causing at least as much pain as the FND (and might have helped cause it in the first place) is being ignored.

So now I need to figure out wether or not it's worth getting an official diagnosis.

Highlighted

Like maybe the fact that the bones in my knees, feet and hips slide around thier sockets/ click in and out of place might have something to do with why my pain is mysteriously located around my legs. But of course idk I'm not a doctor. Smiley Frustrated

And we don't want to gain TOO much of an understanding of my crippling and constant pain that could help me learn to prevent further pain because that'd just be over-diagnosing and we can't have THAT. Smiley Mad

Or trying to understand why I feel sick all the time. Much better that I always feel like my body's literally shutting down all the time because clearly that's a GREAT way to give me a good quality of life.

Kinda hating my doctor right now.

It's easy for him to dismiss this as nothing or stop trying to find answers to anything that won't kill me but he isn't having to live it.

Highlighted

I'm really sorry you're in pain and that nobody seems to be listening to your concerns about it  @Tiny_leaf. Smiley Sad It can be so hard to distinguish which symptoms are FND-related and which are the result of other health problems since FND can cause a range of symptoms. I think my sister started with actual problems in her knee, then she developed CRPS after her surgeries to treat them and finally FND. But it is still very hard for us to tell what causes any kind of pain that she develops. Sometimes, she starts getting pain from something like a fall for example but it never goes away and triggers her FND symptoms.
I also think that doctors can be too quick to dismiss something as being FND-related without looking into other possible causes or ways that can help that particular symptom.

Highlighted

Thanks @WheresMySquishy 

Highlighted

So... someone I know is trying to get help from the same service that helped traumatize me.

And... I don't have any particular reason to believe that it will happen to them as well, they'll be working with completely different people. 

But... I just want to get them the fuck away from there.

And I know this reaction is more from trauma than logic.

But I feel sick and panicky and I just want to make sure they're safe and just... get them and myself as far away as possible and never think about it again.

How.. how do I balance these feelings while also being supportive and not completely paranoid about the place which is trying to help them?

Highlighted

Wow this is such a big dilemma, what service is this (if it's okay to ask)? I get the same thing with talking about psychiatrists, and mental health wards in hospital Smiley Sad It's really hard to trust people in power.. Smiley Sad I don't think there's an answer... Just do what you think is best? Maybe tell the person that sometimes bad stuff happens with this service, but sometimes it's okay? Idk it really depends on the situation
Highlighted

Hmm sometimes it's a matter of weighing up the negatives and the worse negatives.. Like the lesser of two evils.. If that makes sense?
Highlighted

I am sorry to hear about what you are dealing with @Tiny_leaf, it sounds like you have a lot to consider. I am sorry if this situation has brought up some trauma from the past. I can't imagine how difficult that must be for you. I think it really caring of you to want to help this person, it sounds like telling them would be a big decision for you. I think it might be helpful for you to discuss this with someone that you feel comfortable talking to about this. Do you think that would be helpful? Heart You mentioned that you are feeling sick and panicky, are you feeling safe tonight?
Highlighted

Am safe.

Can't say which service it was.

Highlighted

Just... don't trust them..

But also don't want to make getting help harder for this person.

So I have to shut up. 

But I'm very scared.

Because if it goes wrong it could go very wrong.

And I don't want that for them.