cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Exhaustion

I'm sorry you didn't get any sleep last night @Tiny_leaf, that really sucks Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Highlighted

Smiley Sad Are you able to take a nap today to catch up on some sleep?
Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 hopefully, but I just found out I'll be seeing my grandma today so probably not as much as I need.

Highlighted

Oh no @Tiny_leaf, I suppose a little bit of sleep is better than none Smiley Sad Do you get along with your grandma?
Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  One thing I have noticed about the NDIS is that usually your experiences with them are fully dependent on the person who you get to work with and that is kind of not great because it can be super inconsistent. Personally I have had ok experiences with them but I also try not to ask for much but I have one friend who they refused to fund and all they wanted was an extra 10 psychology sessions. Then another friend who ended up with a huge plan who didn’t really need all of it and it is super frustrating how there doesn’t seem to be any consistent rules that you can follow to be sure you will get what you need. And at the very least the amount of procedural stuff you have to do to get something if you are approved is so intense and it makes me very confused why they a disability agency made it so that the disabled person is responsible for so much paperwork and basically has to organize the whole thing themselves like the access point is all down to the person with the disability and that always struck me as weird because ok for me I am lucky enough to be able to at times when I have the energy chase up things and services with them but some people are never ever in a place where they can do that, and making someone who cannot communicate be responsible for reporting and telling the ndis that their service providers are not providing services seems a bit like silly. Like there needs to be people who check if the services are doing their job and it shouldn’t be so much work for the disabled person to have to fight for themselves constantly with a service that is meant to be helping them. Idk it is weird but I do really hope they give you a good person for the review who can help. 

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf , I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time navigating the NDIS stuff at the moment - like @Eden1717 , I've heard really varied things and a lot does seem to come down to the person that you come across - I know you've mentioned the support worker that you really click with is back on board, do you think they could help you out at all with preparing for your review? Crossing everything for you that you get a good person when you have your review done. 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

Hi @Tiny_leaf, it sounds like you're having a very frustrating time waiting to hear the outcome of this NDIS funding. I haven't personally had to deal with the NDIS system myself, but I can definitely understand the feeling of your whole life hanging in the balance while you wait for another person to make a decision that seems like it could effect everything for you. It sounds like you're doing so well under the circumstances Heart

I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight!  

Highlighted

A bit overwhelmed bit will try to answer.

Grandma is nice.

I have a meeting tomorrow with my OT and nice support worker.

Still very nervous though.

Highlighted

You've done a really fantastic job at supporting a lot of people here tonight @Tiny_leaf, so it's totally understandable that you might be feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. I can be really exhausting to support others, especially with everything you've got going on in your own life Heart I am keen to hear how your appointment goes Smiley Happy