cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Falling for old habits

@Bree-RO...

its just hard to find inner strength to give it up per say... like it was like a comfort blanket for a while and now when i really need something to make me feel safe i cant go to it as I’m trying to stop. The thought has crossed my mind that i should just wait it after April then try again 

@Eagle try not to look at recovery as one big thing, think of it a series of moments to get to where you want to be. Knowing that right now is a big trigger can help you chose where you want to go, acknowledge it's hard and do the best you can.
If you slip up don't beat yourself up, learn from it and try again. It's taken me 8 years to get where I am in my recovery and I still have a lot to learn.

Did you want to talk about the feelings that make you want to self harm. I find talking about it or expressing it in other forms can help ease the load.

Have you thought about calling/talking to 1800 respect https://www.1800respect.org.au
They offer counselling to those affected by sexual assault or family violence. It helps me when I get flashbacks or memories of my csa, dv, and sexual assault.

There's also kids helpline, and suicide call back service which I find helpful to talk to when I want to self harm. It gets it out of my head and makes the urges easier.
Also these services have webchat if that's easier.

How do you feel right now?
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@redhead,

honestly my brain is on over drive lol, it like it just wont stop for a moment. Yeah i do find it easier to talk to someone when I’m like this so thanks for the websites Smiley Happy

@Eagle do you have any strategies on slowing goings down.
I think it's great you're reaching out. Keep it up. You've got this.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@Eagle as @redhead said you've got this Heart@redhead is a wealth of knowledge on this forum, I can see the love he is showing you is of great support. Of course in addition to us there's a few services out there that can help with self harm urges - have you ever spoken to Suicide Callback Service? 

Hey @Eagle I am just going to send you an e-mail keep an eye on your inbox

@Eaglehave you got some alternatives to try? like holding ice, sucking on a lemon or distractions like a shower, book, movie, drawing, baking, video games, music. 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I’m One day clean. Well lets break this down.. 

that’s really 24 hours witch is 1440 minuets so then it was really 86400 seconds that i was clean. 

Please remember that even a small victory like one day is really some thing big in the grand scheme of things... it may take me more then seven days to reach a week. But i can do it because everyday every second i am doing it I’m living in the tunnel of life with a candle .its just some times my candle goes out and it takes me a while to re light it to move forward though the tunnel. 

That's such a great attitude to have @Eagle

Just go slow and remember we're here to support you!

@Erin-RO@scared01@Bree-RO@redhead@mrmusic and the whole wide internet. The only i think I’m doing better is because of i got out of the old work place and i now have a wonderful support system please do have a read of my story call the un told story of the lady of the night ..... I’m sorry of how long it is lol and yeah there is more to come with it oh sorry it’s not a story it wat happened to me but with out all the details