cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Family drama and it's effect on my social life and mental health

Well @WheresMySquishy it is something that works, telling her when she talks over me. She's quite the worrier and it does affect me, but it'll get better with time and perseverance. I just dyed my hair and it made me feel a lot better haha.

Hey @LizO1997  Smiley Happy

Glad to hear that dying your hair made you feel a lot better! Smiley Very Happy

It sounds like the environment at your grandmother's is suffocating. Smiley Sad It's pretty hard to balance our wants and needs with the expectations of people that care about us. It does sound like your grandmother is a worrier, and it makes sense that it would affect you when she has rules for you and you're spending time in her home. 

I'm just wondering how far into the future you intend on living with your grandparents? And when you anticipate getting your diver's licence? To clarify, I'm not suggesting you should move out or hurry up and get your licence, I'm just trying to understand your situation better Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi @JanaG 

I'm going to driving school currently, so I'm working towards my P plates at the moment. In terms of moving out I'd need a roommate to do so, as rental properties and Centrelink do not mix. At this point in time, I'd need a full-time job and at least a couple months worth of savings to move out.