cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feeling completely overwhelmed

That sounds like a good plan @mrmusic, you deserve self-care and life's little pleasures like music and tea just like anyone else Smiley Happy Perhaps practice a bit of self-compassion? You are an awesome person and have been so supportive in this community which we all appreciate Heart

Thanks @Lan-RO, I don’t feel like an awesome person, quite the opposite actually. But I still appreciate it.

@ryvb3 talking here

@mrmusic I can't relate to some of what youre feeling today. Hugs.
I think your awesome too
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

@mrmusic My heart goes out to you. Sickness and deadlines do not go hand in hand. Neither does having that seed of doubt of whether you are on the right path. I've got two assignments due on the same days as well as some others scattered in June. And I have experienced a similar seed of doubt as well. 

I'll touch base with you when I can give some ideas about how to get out of that funk - because that was me two weeks ago minus the sickness.  

I hope you get better soon! Heart I wonder if you can ask for an extension given that you have been feeling sick for your assignments...

@ryvb3 I might see about an extension. I just feel so unmotivated.

@mrmusic Would you like to talk about the reasons you are feeling unmotivated? 

Maybe by writing it out we can help get you feeling more hopeful. That you can do this.

@ryvb3 I think it comes down to fear of failure. Throughout my life, everyone has always focussed on what’s not good enough, and that still continues to this day, with uni work and at home. I try my best, but its never good enough. I feel like I am already a failure so what’s the point, you know.

@mrmusic I hear you Heart. That fear of failure is a horrible devil that pulls us away from stepping out and trying again. And if you're surrounded by people saying that you're not good enough, then of course you may feel it is hard to even step out and try again. 

I get the sense as well that you are also feeling disappointed about yourself and starting to lose belief in yourself. Does that sound right to you? Am I missing anything?

@ryvb3 Basically, although I’ve probably almost completely lost belief in myself.